Sign In

High School Student (Dual Enrollment Program)

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​High school seniors who plan to attend SCC for the upcoming fall semester learn about the Early Welcome Program​

The Dual Enrollment P​rogram is designed for high school students. A portion of the Rancho Santiago Community College District (RSCCD) curriculum is available to supplement programs for high school students recommended by their principal/counselor. Contact your high school Counseling Office for details.

Students in the 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th grades of high school may be admitted as special part-time or full-time students to Santiago Canyon College. SCC full-time status is 6 units for Summer/Intersession and 12 units for Fall/Spring semester. High school students who would benefit from advanced scholastic work may enroll in classes with the signed consent of the high school principal/counselor, a parent, and the appropriate Santiago Canyon College Division Dean. All signatures are recorded on the Special Admit Form.

SB 338 provides the District with the authority to restrict admission and enrollment in any session based on age, grade-level of completion, or assessment and placement procedures in conformance with Matriculation regulations. 

How do I register?
  1. Apply online
  2. Download the Special Admit Form.
  3. Complete the Special Admit Form​​ and obtain signatures from your high school and parent.
  4. Students under 15 years of age or below 9th grade must obtain the additional approval and signature Santiago Canyon College Division Dean. Both the student and parent must be present to meet with the Division Dean
  5. If you are planning to enroll in English, Math or advanced Chemistry, read information about  Placement Recommendation and Testing
  6. Log into Self-Service​ to obtain your SCC Student Number and to view your online registration date. So as to not displace regularly admitted students, Special Admit students receive low-priority registration, typically the week before the start of the term. (Assembly Bill AB 967)
  7. After completing the online application and receiving your student ID number, please submit the completed Special Admit Form to Admissions and​ Records via email at​. Registration online is restricted until the online application and Special Admit Form have been submitted and processed.
  8. Register for classes in Self-Service​.
  9. Any high school student who registers as a full-time student (6 units in summer and intersession, 12 units in Fall/Spring semester) will be charged the regular community college enrollment fees for all units enrolled.

ASSEMBLY BILL AB 967: Assembly Bill AB 967 relates to the concurrent enrollment of students in high school and community college. This bill requires community college districts to assign a low priority enrollment to Special Admit students in order to ensure that these students do not displace regularly admitted students. ​
NOTE: Any other class that has a prerequisite must also be cleared. Please contact our Counseling Office for clarification​

Enrollment Status
Enrollment fees are not charged to high school students enrolling in 11 units or less.  If the student enrolls in 12 units or more during the ​Fall and Spring semesters, the student will be charged the current per unit enrollment fee for all units.  Further, during summer and Intersession, if the student enrolls in 6 units or more, the student will be charged for all units enrolled.  All concurrently enrolled high school students are charged health and transportation fees.

Special part-time students in the 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th grades who are concurrently enrolled in high school are exempt from enrollment fees but are obligated to pay all health, transportation, student and material fees. (Section 76001 - Education Code)

Special Admit full-time students who enroll in 12 units or more for Fall/Spring semester and 6 units or more for Summer/Intersession are required to pay all regular community college enrollment fees, health, transportation, student, and material fees at the current rate per unit. (Section 76300 - Education Code)

Students who are enrolled in grades K-8 are required to pay enrollment fees and all other college fees. ​​

​Home-Schooled Students 
Students​​ who are home-schooled are required to obtain the written permission from the local high school district in which the student would have normally enrolled OR bring a copy of the affidavit that was filed with the state.​​