The High School Diploma Program is self-paced and individualized. Classes are offered on an open-entry/open-exit basis throughout the year. Students must be 18 years of age or older. Each student has an individualized educational plan to complete his/her personal graduation requirements. Concurrent enrollment in High School Subjects and college credit classes is also offered in some cases. Students interested in concurrent enrollment should contact a counselor "Counseling Live-Chat" to discuss this option.
STEPS TO COMPLETE A HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA
1. Apply and Register
2. Provide copies of transcripts.
3. Attend high school classes regularly (online or online live).
4. Complete 160 high school credits and three proficiencies (reading, mathematics, and English
4. File a petition to graduate.
5. Attend the graduation ceremony!
ACCEPTED TRANSFER CREDITS
1. Previous high school transcripts (must be official)
2. Regional occupation programs (up to 20 credits)
3. Foreign transcripts (see counselor, up to 100 credits)
4. Approved private
school transcripts (must be official)
5. Work experience (see counselor)
6. Armed Forces work experience
7. College transcripts (must be official)
Effective July 1, 2009, High School Graduation Requirements are as follows: A minimum of 20 of the 160 required high school credits must be completed in residence at the Rancho Santiago Community College District.
REQUIREMENTS FOR GRADUATION FROM
THE ADULT HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA PROGRAM:
English (A maximum of 10 reading credits; must include at least one composition course)
Natural Sciences (Must include both a biological and physical science course).
Social and Behavioral Sciences. (Must include U.S. History, American Government, Economics, World History and World Geography).
Humanities (Formerly Fine Arts/Foreign Language).
Reading, Math and English Composition