"FREE High School Classes for Adults"
Phone: (714) 628-5929
Follow us on Twitter or Facebook
The Santiago Canyon College (SCC) Adult High School Diploma program at the Orange Education Center in Orange County is approved by the California Community College Chancellor’s Office. This free high school program at The Santiago Canyon College (SCC) Adult High School Diploma program at the Orange Education Center in Orange County is approved by the California Community College Chancellor’s Office. This free high school program at
SCC S-105, operates on an open-entry/open-exit basis, is self paced, and is provided in an individualized learning environment. As part of the program, each student meets with a counselor to develop an individualized educational plan to complete his/her educational goals. Child care services are available to students who qualify.
High School diplomas are issued by the Rancho Santiago Community College District to students who complete the required course of study and demonstrate proficiency in basic skills. Graduation ceremonies are traditionally held each spring on the SCC campus. Students may complete the high school diploma program at any time during the year and receive verification of completion of the requirements at that time. Elective credits may be earned in a wide variety of locations throughout the community as listed in the schedule of classes published each semester.
STEPS TO COMPLETE A HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA
1. Take the high school reading and math assessments.
2. Make an appointment with a high school counselor to review assessment scores and transcripts.
(Bring official high school transcripts to the appointment).
3. Attend high school classes regularly.
4. Complete 160 high school credits and three proficiencies (reading, mathematics, and English composition).
5. File a petition to graduate.
6. Attend the graduation ceremony!
ACCEPTED TRANSFER CREDITS
1. Previous high school transcripts (must be official)
2. Regional occupation programs (up to 20 credits)
3. Foreign transcripts (see counselor, up to 100 credits)
4. Approved private
school transcripts (must be official)
5. Work experience (see counselor)
6. Armed Forces work experience
7. College transcripts (must be official)
Effective July 1, 2009, High School Graduation Requirements are as follows: A minimum of 20 of the 160 required high school credits must be completed in residence at the Rancho Santiago Community College District.
REQUIREMENTS FOR GRADUATION FROM
THE ADULT HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA PROGRAM:
English (A maximum of 10 reading credits; must include at least one composition course)
Natural Sciences (Must include both a biological and physical science course).
Social and Behavioral Sciences. (Must include U.S. History, American Government, Economics, World History and World Geography).
Humanities (Formerly Fine Arts/Foreign Language).
Reading, Math and English Composition