Education after Incarceration
What is Project Rise?
Project Rise is a program offered at Santiago Canyon College - Division of Continuing Education (SCC-CE) designed to empower and support formerly incarcerated individuals.* Our goal is to provide the knowledge and resources needed to successfully complete an educational journey through providing individualized support.
* Project Rise is an extension of the counseling services SCC-CE currently provides in the Orange County jails.
Counseling for Formerly Incarcerated Students
Steps to Enroll
Schedule an appointment with a counselor Please call us at 714-628-5904
Contact your counselor by email:
Enroll in FREE classes
Short-Term Career Technical Training Certificates (CTE)
Commercial Food Preparation
Digital Marketing Specialist
First-Line Supervisor/Manager, Office & Administrative Support Workers
Multi-Media Artist and Animators
GED/HiSET classes and free exam
Adult High School Diploma Program
English as a Second Language
Online and Online Live classes.
- To qualify, students must enroll in and attend a minimum of 12 hours per week in
- SCC-Division of Continuing Education classes.
- Personalized assistance with college credit enrollment and services
- Access to tailored workshops and events specifically for individuals with an incarceration experience
- Guidance on applying for financial aid and tuition waivers for college credit classes
- Access to community resources
- Assistance with job readiness
- Resources and services for veterans through the SCC Veterans Service Office (VSO)
PROJECT RISE Brochure (Download PDF)