Welcome to SCC's STEM Academy!
What is SCC's STEM Academy?
- SCC's STEM Academy is an academic support for students pursuing majors, degrees and careers in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM).
- Membership is optional and totally voluntary.
What are some of the benefits of joining STEM Academy?
Summer Research & Enrichment opportunities only open to STEM Academy students at SCC.
Scholarship dollars and awards only open to STEM Academy students at SCC.
STEM Pre-selection eligibility: The ability to "pre-select" your STEM courses early and receive priority registration in those courses
(NOTE: Only open to STEM Academy students who meet all program requirements each semester).
How Do I Join SCC's STEM Academy?
What are the requirements to join SCC's STEM Academy?
For New Students just beginning coursework at SCC:
- SCC is your Home Campus
- Minimum 2.7 GPA overall on your high school transcript
- Placed into a transfer-level STEM Math course (Math 160/170/180 or 219)
- Counseling appointment required during your first semester @ SCC
For Continuing Students at SCC to join STEM Academy:
- SCC is your Home Campus
- Must have completed at least 10 units of Math/Science coursework within the last year at SCC
- Maintain a 2.7 GPA minimum
- Be currently enrolled or already have completed a transfer-level STEM Math course (Math 160/170/180 or 219)
- Complete a majority of your STEM classes at SCC
- Counselor appointment required during the semester you join STEM Academy, and every semester thereafter
What are the requirements to ensure I am eligible of "STEM Pre-selection" priority registration?
To remain eligible for STEM Pre-selection (i.e., priority registration in your STEM classes at SCC for each upcoming term), you must complete the following program requirements each semester:
What are the current STEM Academy-approved STEM activities being offered this semester?
- Join STEM Academy and maintain program requirements each semester (see above)
- One 45-minute Counselor appointment required per semester
- Create a "Transferology" account (go to www.transferology.com and create a free student account. For more details,
- In addition to the steps above, participate in at least ONE additional STEM workshop or activity offered during the present semester that is STEM Academy-approved.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you wish to participate in STEM Pre-Selection benefits, you must satisfy all program requirements for each semester that you are a member. Failure to do so during any membership term will result in your STEM Academy membership being terminated at the close of that incomplete term. If your membership is terminated due to failing to meet program requirements for any given term, you are encouraged to re-apply to join STEM Academy during the following semester.
To remain eligible for STEM Pre-selection, you must create a "Transferology" student account AND complete one of the following approved activities during this semester:
STEM WORKSHOPS - Spring 2020
- Undergraduate Research Application Workshop #1 – Wednesday, February 26, 2020 - 2:00pm–5:00pm in Room B-106
- Undergraduate Research Application Workshop #2 – Thursday, February 27, 2020 - 1:00pm–4:00pm in Room B-106
- Undergraduate Research Interview Skills – Friday, March 20, 2020 – 1:00pm-2:00pm in Room E-304 THIS WORKSHOP HAS BEEN CANCELLED AS A RESULT OF CSUF'S TEMPORARY CLOSURE DUE TO COVID-19 PREVENTION MEASURES.
- STEM Transfer Student Panel – Friday, April 17, 2020 – 2:00pm-3:00pm in Room E-306 THIS WORKSHOP HAS BEEN CANCELLED AS A RESULT OF CSUF'S TEMPORARY CLOSURE DUE TO COVID-19 PREVENTION MEASURES.
For more information, please visit a STEM Counselor in the SCC Counseling Center, room D-106.