The Pathways to Teaching Program (PTTP) at Santiago Canyon College is designed to promote education to high school and community college students interested in teaching. The program is dedicated to motivating SCC students to successfully transfer to a university in preparation of obtaining a teaching credential.
Pathways to Teaching on Facebook
Pathways to Teaching on Instagram
Support Services Offered
- Teacher education specific academic advising
- Teacher education workshops & specialized events
- The President's Volunteer Service Award (PVSA)
- Transfer information and assistance
- Teacher education specific articulation sheets for several area university programs
- Appointments with teacher education specific university representatives
- Placement in volunteer positions or paid/unpaid internships working with youth
- Job Development assistance; resume writing, interviewing, job opportunities working with youth and volunteer opportunities
- SCC TEACH Club (A chapter of the Student California Teachers Association)
- Pathways to Teaching Newsletter emailed to all PTTP students
- Regular email updates to PTTP students
If you are interested in receiving updates on workshops, field trips and activities for future teachers, please CLICK HERE to submit an interest card.
Who May Participate in the Program
PTTP is open to all students interested in pursuing a career in teaching. In order to keep students on track for transfer, the program actively encourages students to maintain the following guidelines.
- Enrollment in six (6) or more units each semester
- Maintain a GPA of 2.7 or higher (the minimum required for most credential programs)
- Meet with a counselor two times each school year
- Have an official SCC Educational Plan leading to transfer
- Participate in Pathways to Teaching activities (SCC TEACH, President's Volunteer Service Award, Transfer workshops, Future Teacher Conferences, and many more!)
- Meet with a university representative about transfer and credential program
Our Commitment to Your Success
Philosophy: The Pathways to Teaching Program is committed to motivating students to find success while at Santiago Canyon College. Our goal is to work with individual students and support their efforts towards transferring to a university in preparation of obtaining a teaching credential.
Structure: We are dedicated to fostering intellectual and personal growth in students as they pursue their educational goal of becoming a teacher. The program is geared to assisting students whose career interests include teaching at the elementary, secondary, college, and university levels.
Program: Through fostering educational partnerships at the K-12 and university level, SCC is able to provide a program that is designed to encourage and support students in the pursuit of teaching as a career.