Through special programs, classes, group or individual counseling, the SCC Counseling Department is committed to providing you with the assistance and advice that you need to successfully complete your academic, career, and personal goals.
Counseling services include:
- Career exploration and university transfer information
- Career development for undecided majors
- Assessment and interpretation for placement in English, Reading, and Math
- One-on-one counseling
- Educational planning and course selection
- Referral for special classes and/or testing
- Application workshops for Cal State and University of California
- New student orientations
Counselors are also available to help students:
- Develop optimal abbreviated and comprehensive student education plans
- Assess interests and abilities
- Find a new approach to problems
- Increase sensitivity to others
- Learn how to change self-defeating habits and attitudes
- Recognize style, purposes, and values
- Help students who are having academic or personal difficulties
- Clarify thinking
Santiago Canyon College
8045 E. Chapman Ave.
Orange, CA 92869
Phone : (714) 628-4800
Please have your SCC 7-digit student ID number ready when visiting the Counseling Center.
Counseling Center - SPRING 2018
Attention Students: The SCC Counseling Center will be CLOSED temporarily on Friday, April 27th from 8:00am - 1:00pm. All Counseling faculty and staff are participating in a Student Success Event on campus. The Counseling Center will reopen at 1:00pm. Please contact the Counseling Center at 714-628-4800 for current availability.
Spring 2018 Counselor Availability:
Mondays: 8:00 am - 5:30 pm
Tuesdays: 8:00 am - 5:30 pm
Wednesdays: 8:00 am - 6:30 pm
Thursdays: 8:00 am - 5:30 pm
Fridays: 8:00 am - 2:30 pm
Counselor availability and average wait times may vary.
Have a quick question, but don't have time to book an appointment in advance? Try our "First Come, First Serve" Counseling:
Students are seen on either a "First Come, First Serve" basis, or by booking a full 45-minute appointment in advance. Please call (714) 628-4800 or stop by the Counseling Center in
D-106 for more information.
Counselors will be available to assist students with general questions, prerequisite clearances, overload petitions, and abbreviated or comprehensive student education plans as needed. Students will be seen in order - First Come, First Serve. Wait times will vary, and we will make every effort to see that you receive the assistance you need in a timely manner.
- We recommend booking a full 45-minute appointment in advance if you are a Veteran, a student Athlete, or in need of a comprehensive student education plan for a Financial Aid appeal.
For more information on Counseling hours and availability, please call (714) 628-4800 or stop by the Counseling Center, Room D-106. Your Student ID Number is required to meet with a Counselor.