During this time of coronavirus (COVID-19), all in-person services in the Counseling Center, room D-106, are suspended until futher notice. Online services are being provided as noted below.
Online Counseling Office Hours
Monday through Thursday: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Friday: 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY ABOUT ONLINE COUNSELING SERVICES
- Online Counseling Services are offered by Live-Chat and Appointment in Cranium Cafe. Live-Chat Services are designed to address each student's most immediate needs in a quick and efficient manner. Live-Chat sessions with a counselor can last up to 15 minutes max. **Due to increased demand, Live-Chat wait times will be longer than typical*
- Online Counseling Appointments in Cranium Cafe are now being offered. Counselors are meeting virtually with students in Cranium Café for up to 45 minutes during a scheduled appointment. Appointments are booked up to two weeks in advance, so please plan ahead and take advantage of available appointments early in the term. Click on the "Appointments" button below to book a full, 45-minute online Counseling appointment.
Before your Online Counseling Session:
- Be prepared to provide your Student ID# to your counselor (Example: 2222222)
- Make sure you have a compatible device such as a desktop, laptop, tablet, or Android device.
- Make sure you have a strong and stable internet connection.
- Either Chrome or Firefox internet browsers are required for video chat appointments.
- For Apple iPhone or iPad users, in order conduct video chat appointments, you must download the ConexED app: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/conexed/id1208098450
Live-Chat services include:
- Abbreviated Student Education Planning (Fall 2020 semester planning)
- Interpretation of placeement recommendations in English, math, and reading
- Prerequisite Clearance(s) for classes at SCC
- Graduation Petitions
- Requests to Change your Course of Study/Major
- Overload Petitions
- Petition to Substitute a Major Requirement
- Pass/No Pass questions
- Withdrawal questions
- Questions about Fall 2020 Class Planning / "I need to select one more class"
- General Questions/Other
The following services are currently being addressed online by Appointment:
- Comprehensive Student Education Planning (CSEPs)
- Student Education Plan Revisions/Updates
- Financial Aid Appeals requiring a new or revised/updated CSEP
- CSEPs for SCC Athletes, SCC Promise Scholarship recipients and Veteran Students seeking certification of benefits and/or priority registration
- Review of transcripts/coursework from other colleges and universities
- Pass Along Petitions - for students with previous coursework from a CSU/UC/Private/Out-of-state college or university
- In-depth career exploration and development for undecided majors
TO LIVE-CHAT WITH A COUNSELOR, CLICK HERE:
|TO SCHEDULE AN ONLINE COUNSELING APPOINTMENT, CLICK HERE:|
- Counseling services by Phone: If you would prefer to speak with a counselor by phone, please email Counseling@sccollege.edu and request a Call Back by Phone. Provide your full name, SCC student ID#, the best phone number to reach you at, and your preferred time of day for a call back (Mornings, Afternoons, Evenings). You will typically receive a reply within 24 hours during normal business operations (holidays and weekends excluded).
TO LIVE-CHAT WITH OUR COUNSELING DEPARTMENT FRONT DESK STAFF ABOUT ONLINE COUNSELING SERVICES, CLICK ON AN AVAILABLE CONTACT CARD BELOW:
Follow the SCC Counseling Department on Instagram!
Santiago Canyon College
8045 E. Chapman Ave.
Orange, CA 92869
Phone : (714) 628-4800
Please have your SCC 7-digit student ID number ready when visiting the Counseling Center.