You can be qualified to work in the Biotech Manufacturing Industry after completing just 3 courses!
Complete Biology 190 & 190L, Biology 191, and Chemistry 209 and earn a Certificate of Proficiency in Biotechnology
Our certificate is stackable so you can also earn higher level Certificates of Achievement and an AS Degree in Biotechnology by completing other courses in the program(Click Images Below for more information)
Biotechnology courses currently offered at SCC:
Biotechnology A: Basic Laboratory Skills -
- Biology 191-42277: (08/28/2017-12/17/2017)
- Lecture: Wednesdays 3:30 - 4:55 PM (U-85) on campus and 1.5 hours/week Online
- Lab: Wednesdays 5:30 PM - 8:40 PM (U-85)
- No Prerequisite!
Training for job proficiency in basic lab procedures, techniques, and use of equipment
This is 1 of only 3 classes needed to earn a certificate!
Biotechnology B: Proteins -
- Biology 192-42282:
- Lecture: Fridays 8:30 AM - 9:55 AM (U-85) on campus and 1.5 hours/week online
- Lab: Fridays 10:30 AM - 1:40 PM (U-85)
- Prerequisite: Biology 191 with a grade of C or better
Fundamental skills in applied
biotechnology necessary for any biotechnology laboratory but
particularly focused on downstream manufacturing processes in
Cellular and Molecular Biology -
- Biology 211-40014:
- Lecture: Mondays and Wednesdays 10:15 AM - 11:40 AM (SC-133)
- Lab: Mondays and Wednesdays 1:00 PM - 4:10 PM (SC-130)
- Biology 211-40015:
- Lecture: Tuesdays and Thursdays 5:30 PM - 6:55 PM (SC-133)
- Lab: Tuesdays and Thursdays 7:15 PM - 10:25 PM (SC-130)
- Prerequisite: Mathematics 080 and Chemistry 200A or 200AH with grades of C or better
An investigation into the molecular and
cellular basis of life, including the evolution of cells, cell structure
and function, energy and information flow, cellular reproduction,
genetics, and the molecular basis of inheritance.
Denise Foley (Program Coordinator) for more information.