Sign In

Admissions, Registration, and Records

​​​​​​Admission Requireme​nts
Applying to the College
Assessment / AB705
Student Photo Identification Card
Full-Time - Part-Time Definition
International Student Admissions
Fees and Expenses/Drop for Non-Payment
Preferred Name
​​RSCCD Rates Student Right-To-Know Act
Registered Sex Offender Information
Right To File a Complaint Regarding the Student Success and Support Program (SSSP)
Right To Review and Challenge Records​​
Schedule of Classes
Solomon Amendment For Military Recruiters
Textbooks and Supplies
International Transcripts​ - Evaluation Practices​​
​​​Withholding​ of Student Records References(s) B​P 5035

​A​dmission Requirements

Who May Attend

High school graduate


Person in possession of a California high school proficiency certificate or GED


Person 18 years of age or older who can profit from instruction,


High school student qualifying for Career Advanced Placement program.


International Students with a valid Visa.

How and When To Apply

New students and students returning after an absence of two consecutive full semesters (fall, spring) must file an application for admission to the college.

File transcripts of high school(s) and colleges attended with the Admissions and Records Office if pursuing a degree at Santiago Canyon College or receiving financial assistance.

​​Application dates:
Fall semester
​Beginning April 1 
Spring Intersession
​Beginning November 1 
Spring semester 
​Beginning November 1 
Summer session
Beginning April 1

Applying to the College

New or Former Students

New or former students need to apply. A new student is a student who has never attended Santiago Canyon College or Santa Ana College. A former student is a student who attended SCC or SAC, did not enroll for two consecutive full semesters, and now wishes to return. All applications are completed on the website. Applications are processed within 1-3 business days. An e-mail will be sent with a student's WebAdvisor Login and other student information. The WebAdvisor Login and Student ID Number for former students will always remain the same. Once you have been assigned a  WebAdvisor Login, you may  then  go  online,  change  your password, and view your registration appointment  date  and time.

Continuing Students

A continuing student is a student who has not missed two consecutive full semesters. The student may check online for his/her registration date and time and may register online at that time or any time until the Friday before the term begins. Students are encouraged to meet with a counselor each semester in order to review their academic progress before completing registration.

How To Prepare for Proper Course Placement, Registration and Educational Planning (Student Equity And Achievement Program)

The Student Equity and Achievement Program (SEAP) supports the transition of new students into the college by providing them services that promote academic achievement and successful completion of degrees, transfer preparation, career technical education certificates, or career advancement.

New students are required to complete orientation and advisement in order to access their priority registration time. During this process, students will receive assistance in completing an abbreviated education plan; however, a course of study (major) and a comprehensive student education plan must be completed by the third semester but no later than completing 15 degree-applicable units. A comprehensive student education plan will detail all of the coursework required in order to reach your educational goal. Students may accomplish this requirement by enrolling in a counseling course or  scheduling  an  appointment  with a counselor. A request to be exempt from completing one or more core services is available on the Admissions & Records website. Exemption approval requires that students provide sufficient justification for their request.


AB 705 Implementation: Santiago Canyon College has reformed how placement is determined in English and math courses. Signed into law by Governor Brown on October 13, 2017, all California community colleges are implementing Assembly Bill 705 by Fall 2019. The bill requires that students have access to transfer level coursework in English and math courses. Placement into these courses will be determined by using a student's high school grade point average and high school courses. Where this method does not apply, a Guided Self-Placement tool will facilitate student placement. With the implementation of AB 705, students planning to enroll in English, math, and/or reading courses do not need to take a placement test. High school performance and/or Guided Self-Placement will facilitate course recommendations.

Please note that some requisites are currently being modified for courses that need to be in compliance for AB 705 implementation. Requisites include prerequisites, corequisites, and recommended preparation or advisories.

Please contact the Counseling Office for questions about courses with requisites that indicate a Math or English course as they may now include a different course from the placement profile.

Recommendation Based on High School Performance Information: Students will receive course recommendations for English, reading, and math based on self-reported nonweighted high school grade point average (GPA), completion of coursework and grades.

Guided Self-Placement: Students who fall into other circumstances where high school performance does not apply will receive English, math, and reading course recommendations based on completing Guided Self-Placement. This placement tool provides students with the ability to rate their level of comfort with math problems, English prompts, and reading passages.

Assessment for American College English/ English as a Second Language (ACE/ESL) and Chemistry: Placement testing is available for students who are planning to enroll in SCC's ACE program or Chemistry 200A (General Chemistry A).

Steps to Complete for Course Placement Recommendations and/or Assessment for ACE/ESL and Chemistry 200A

  1. New students must apply to the college.
  2. Students will receive an email from Admissions & Records with instructions on how to obtain course placement recommendations for English, math, and reading.
  3. Students planning to enroll in ACE or Chemistry 200A can schedule an assessment appointment by calling (714) 628-4985.
  4. Students will complete New Student Orientation and counseling to review recommended course placement in English, math, and reading or ACE placement results and develop a first semester education plan.

Coursework from Other Colleges: Students who have attended another regionally accredited college and have completed courses that meet the prerequisite for SCC Courses can submit transcripts to clear prerequisites by one of the following methods:

  1. Bring transcripts to the Counseling Center (SCC, Room D-106) for verification and prerequisite clearance.
  2. Submit an online prerequisite clearance request form with supporting documentation at counseling and select “Course Prerequisite Clearance."

Disability-Related Accommodations

Students who require disability-related accommodations for American College English (ACE) or Chemistry 200A placement tests must request them at least two weeks prior to testing and provide disability verification from a qualified professional. To arrange for testing accommodations, contact Disabled Students Programs and Services (DSPS) at (714) 628-4860 to schedule an evaluation of needs.

Right to Appeal

Students who feel that they have been treated in a discriminatory manner regarding any aspect of course placement services may contact the Dean of Counseling and Student Support Services. Call (714) 628-4775.

Student Photo Identification Card

A student is eligible for a photo identification card after paying for classes. Photo I.D. is located in the Cashier's Office in E-102. This card facilitates student use of the Library, Student Health and Wellness Services, computer laboratories, the Admissions Office, and a variety of college services.

Full-Time – Part-Time Definition

  • Full-time students (Fall and Spring semesters) = 12 or more units 
  • Part-time students (Fall and Spring semesters) = Less than 12 units 
  • Full-time students (Summer) = 6 units
  • Part-time students (Summer) = Less than 6 units


All students are classified as either a resident of the State of California or non-resident when applying for admission. "Residents" are students who have residence in the state for more than one year before the initiation of a semester or term (EC 68017), based on the "Residency Determination Date" which is the day immediately preceding the opening of instruction (applies to U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and persons holding certain visas that allow for residency). "Non-residents" are students who have not established residence in the State of California for one year as of the residency determination date.

  1. Persons who are 18 years of age or older (adults) establish residency in accordance with EC 68017 above. Adult residency begins after the 18th birthday.
  2. Persons who are under 18 years of age (minors) establish residence in accordance with above "resident" definition and the following:

a. Married minors may establish their own residence.

b. The residence of the parent with whom an unmarried minor child maintains a place of abode is the residence of the unmarried minor child. When the minor lives with neither parent, residence is that of the parent with whom the minor last resided. The minor may establish residence when both parents are deceased and a legal guardian has not been appointed.

c. The residency of unmarried minors who have a parent  living  cannot be changed by their own acts, appointment of legal guardians, or relinquishment of a parent's right of control (EC 68062).

3. Exceptions apply under certain conditions to active members of the military.

4. Specific residency problems will be answered by the Admissions and Records Office.

5. Non-Citizen Students: Students with  a "permanent resident" visa, refugee status, or amnesty approval may establish residency in accordance with above discussion. All visas must be examined by the college to determine residency status.

International Student Admissions

SCC is a SEVP approved institution to host international students who enter the country on F-1 student visas. Foreign students should contact the International Student Office or visit for application forms and instructions. Application deadline: Fall: July 1, spring January 4 and summer May 1. A $25 application fee is required along with the application form. For more information, call (714) 628-5050.

Admission Policy of International Students on F-1 Visa Status:

  1. The international student must submit a complete, official academic transcript of all high school and previous college work attempted. Transcripts must be officially translated into English, bear the school seal, and be signed by the registrar or another appropriate official. Applicants are considered for admission only if their course grades are above average (C+ or higher).
  2. International students must have sufficient knowledge of English to enable them to profit from instruction at the college level. Adequacy of English proficiency is determined by a satisfactory score of TOEFL iBT 61, TOEFL PBT 500+, IELTS 5.0+ oe iTEP 3.5+.
  3. International students must be at least 18 years of age unless they are graduates of an accredited United States high school.
  4. Students on the F-1 Visa must present evidence that they have financial resources to defray costs during the period of attendance at the college. In addition to the regular student fees, approximate annual costs for a student enrolled in 12 units each semester areas follows: non-resident tuition fee – non-resident tuition for the Fall 2019 semester is $300 per unit + $46 enrollment per unit = $346 per unit for international students. Health insurance costs $1,626 per year. For living expenses and other costs, such as books, visit the college website at All tuition, fees, and expenses are subject to change with new state legislation.
  5. International student applicants must be in good physical health as certified by a licensed physician on the form provided by the college. Measles and poliomyelitis immunization must be completed. The physical examination by a physician must include a chest x-ray report and indicate that students have no contagious disease.
  6. Proof of health insurance is required prior to registration. The college accepts no responsibility for medical expenses incurred by international students.
  7. Santiago Canyon College does not provide housing for students; however, our offices offer information resources to help students find housing options. Students can participate in a homestay program arranged through private companies. SCC does not monitor or administer these programs. For housing information visit

Fees and Expenses/ Drop for Non-Payment

Drop for Non-payment Policy: Enrollment fees must be paid in full within 3 days of registration (including weekends and holidays) or all classes may be dropped and released to other students. The day you register is counted as day 1.

1. All students are required to pay enrollment fees of $46 per unit within 3 days of registration.

If classes are not paid within that time, the student may be dropped from all classes and will have to re-register.

In addition to the 3-day non-payment drop policy, there is a final outstanding balance drop date. All fees must be paid in full by the Friday before the start of the term. The college reserves the right to postpone or suspend nonpayment drops.​ No balance will be carried over into the start of the semester. It is the student's responsibility to drop by the refund deadline to avoid any fees for enrolled classes.

2. A health fee of $19 per  semester ($16 for summer session) is charged to all students whether or not they choose to use health services. Health Fee Exemptions (Education Code 76355): (1) Any student who depends exclusively upon prayer for healing in accordance with the teachings of a bona fide religious sect, denomination, or organization, provided that the student presents documentary evidence of an affiliation with such a bona fide religious sect, denomination, or organization. (2) Any student enrolled in an approved Apprenticeship Program. A request for an exemption may be filed at the Admissions & Records Office.

3. Parking permits are $20 for students with fee waivers and $30 for all other students during the fall and spring semesters and $10 during summer session. No permit Is required for intersession. Permits may be purchased online through  WebAdvisor or by using the link found on the Safety & Security websites. A permit Is required to park on campus at SAC and SCC. Only one permit Is necessary for students who attend both colleges. Motorcycles are exempt in designated parking areas.

4. A  Student  Life  and  Leadership  fee of $10 (fall and spring semesters) or $5.00 (summer session) is payable at registration for classes. The fee includes a free Photo ID for college services: (1) Library, Student and Instructional Services; and (2) $10 for college activities. Photo ID and term validation is available at Santiago Canyon College. These services and fees are optional.

5. The Santiago Canyon College Student Representation Fee of $1 is  charged per semester. The $1 mandatory fee (Education Code 76060.5) is used  by the Associated Student Government to represent the view of students with governmental agencies.

6. Transportation Fee: All students pay a mandatory fee each fall and spring semester. This fee provides unlimited access to all fixed route buses operated by the Orange County Transit Authority (OCTA). The fee per semester is $5.00 for full-time students (enrolled in 12 or more units) and $4.30 for part-time students (enrolled in less than 12 units). Bus access will be available seven days per week for school, work, or any other destinations. In the Partnership agreement between OCTA and RSCCD, 100% of the fee proceeds are remitted to OCTA. No dollars are kept for RSCCD usage or profit for administering this program for our students.

Non-Resident Tuition

Non-resident Tuition: $300 per unit in addition to the per enrollment fee for out-of-state residents and for students who are a citizen of a foreign country. Refer residency questions to the Admissions and Records Office.

Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express are accepted for all fees.

All tuition, fees, and expenses are subject to change with new state legislation.

Open Educational Resources (OER)

Open Educational Resources (OER) Open Educational Resources refer to free or low cost class materials, such as a textbook or online resource. Classes listed with an OER symbol use a free textbook unless otherwise noted in the class schedule. Classes using Lumen Learning OER will charge a materials fee for a standard textbook and online resources.

Refund of Tuition and Enrollment Fees

Students are eligible for full refunds  of fees provided they have officially dropped from classes prior to the refund deadline   or their classes have been cancelled by the college. There is no refund for classes added after the refund deadline date. (See current WebAdvisor schedule for refund deadline).

Refunds are based upon the date the student withdraws from the course online.

No refund will be processed until assurance has been given that any check in payment for tuition has been cleared.

Enrollment Fee refunds are granted in accordance with established provisions of the community college education code. Contact the Cashier's Office or refer to the current class schedule for details of the refund policy and procedures.

There is no refund for variable units not completed.

Preferred Name

In support of Santiago Canyon College’s commitment to providing an equitable and safe environment for students whose legal name does not reflect their gender identity and/or gender expression, SCC now accepts requests from students to use a preferred first name on class rosters whenever possible.

Students who wish to designate a preferred name should fill out the Preferred Name Change Form available in the Admissions and Records Office or online. It is important to understand that designating a preferred name for use at SCC does NOT constitute a legal name change. A students’ legal name will continue to be used on certain college documents, such as transcripts. Initially, preferred names will only be used on class rosters and waiting lists for use by instructors and departments.

Students may designate a preferred first name. Their legal last name will remain unchanged and will be included with their preferred name. Preferred names are limited to alphabetical characters, a hyphen (-) and a space. Generally, students can set a preferred name to any name, but the college reserves the right to delete a preferred name if it is used inappropriately, such as misrepresentation or fraud; such usage will also subject the student to disciplinary action in accordance with college policy.

RSCCD Ra​tes of Student Right-To-Know Act

The rates below are placed here in accordance with the federally mandated Student Right-To-Know Act.

Of the degree, certificate or transfer seeking first-time, full-time freshmen who entered RSCCD colleges in Fall 2014, the “completion rate" represents those students who earned an Associate's Degree, Certificate of Achievement, or 60 UC/CSU transferable credits within three years.


The "transfer rate" represents non-completer students who transferred to any other two- or four-year institution within three years.


These rates do not represent the success rates of the entire student population at RSCCD colleges nor do they account for student outcomes occurring after this three-year tracking period.

Registered Sex Offender Information

Current information concerning registered sex offenders can be obtained by going to:

"Sex offenders are required to register with the police in the jurisdiction in which they reside and if attending institutions of higher learning in a different jurisdiction, they must register with local police for that area. Sex offenders who may be required to register should do so at the Orange Police Department if attending Santiago Canyon College."

Right To File a Complaint Regarding the Student Success and Support Program (SSSP)

Any student who feels that she/he has experienced discrimination in any SSSP core service (assessment, orientation, or counseling/ advisement) may file a complaint with the Dean of Counseling and Student Support Services by calling (714) 628-4775.

Right To Review and Challenge Records

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) affords students certain rights with respect to their education records. These rights include:

1. The right to inspect and review the student's education records within 30 days of the day the college receives a request for access.

Students should submit to the Assistant Dean of Admissions, written requests that identify the record(s) they wish to inspect. The College official will make arrangements for access and notify the student of the time and place where the records may be inspected.

2. The right to request the amendment of the student's education records that the student believes is inaccurate.

Students may ask the college to amend a record that they believe is inaccurate. They should write the college official responsible for the record, clearly identify the part of the record they want changed, and specify why it is inaccurate.

If the college decides not to amend the record as requested by the student, the college will notify the student of the decision and advise the student of his or her right to a hearing regarding the request for amendment. Additional information regarding the hearing procedures will be provided to the student when notified of the right to a hearing.

3. The right to consent to disclosures of personally identifiable information contained in the student's education records, except to the extent that FERPA authorizes disclosure without consent.

One exception, which permits disclosure without consent, is disclosure to school officials with legitimate educational interests. A school official is a person employed by the college in an administrative,  supervisory,  academic or research, or support staff position (including law enforcement unit personnel and health staff); a person or company with whom the University has contracted (such as an attorney, auditor, or collection agent); a person  serving  on  the  Board of Trustees or a member of an official committee.

A school official has a legitimate educational interest if the official needs to review an education record in order to fulfill his or her professional responsibility. Upon request, the college discloses education records without consent to officials of another school in which a student seeks or intends to enroll. [NOTE: FERPA requires an institution to make a reasonable attempt to notify the student of the records request unless the institution states in its annual notification that it intends to forward records on request.]

4. The right to file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Education concerning alleged failures by Santiago Canyon College to comply with the requirements of FERPA. The name and address of the Office that administers FERPA is:

Family Policy Compliance Office
U.S. Department of Education 
400 Maryland Avenue, SW, 
Washington, DC 20202-5901

Schedule of Classes

A schedule of classes is prepared each semester and is available online. It includes general information, courses offered, hours, rooms, and instructor names.

Solomon Amendment For Military Recruiters

The Solomon Amendment is a federal law that allows personally identifiable student information to be released to recruiters that would have been denied them under FERPA. This law mandates that institutions receiving federal financial aid must fulfill military recruitment requests for access to campus and lists of students. If Santiago Canyon College fails to comply with these requests from military recruiters, the college will lose federal financial aid funding. ​​

Textbooks and ​Supplies

Textbooks, supplies, and athletic equipment must be purchased by the student. Special fees required for certain courses are indicated in the class schedule.


Students may obtain an official transcript of records by submitting a request online or in person at the Admissions and Records Office at Santiago Canyon College. The first two counter transcripts will be issued without charge; thereafter, a $3 charge will be assessed for each additional mailed transcript. Express transcripts and all online transcripts are $8. Fed Ex Next Day Delivery* is available for an additional fee of $18 per delivery address. All official transcripts are copies of the student's permanent record in the Office of Admissions and Records at either college. Only records prepared and issued directly from that office will  be  considered  official  or  certified  for accuracy. Transcripts from other institutions are property of the college and will not be released.

Admissions and Records do not hold transcripts for final grades. It is the student's responsibility to verify that all grades have been posted via WebAdvisor before requesting transcripts.

*Fed Ex fees subject to change

International Transcripts – Evaluation Practices

Santiago Canyon College may grant credit for college coursework completed outside of the United States. Students must submit their records to a Santiago Canyon College recognized evaluating agency, in order to obtain an equivalency/evaluation report (go to for approved listings of evaluating agencies). Once the Admissions Office at Santiago Canyon College receives the equivalency/evaluation report, an official evaluation will be conducted to determine course applicability.

The following guidelines apply to coursework completed outside of the United States.

  • There is no transfer credit limit a student may be granted for coursework completed outside of the United States. However, Santiago Canyon College may only grant credit for lower-division classes.
  • College credit may only be granted toward Santiago Canyon College associate degree and certificate programs.
  • Coursework may not be used to fulfill the following General Education Requirements: English Composition, American Institutions, Reading, and Oral Communication.
  • Courses intended to fulfill major requirements must be submitted to the major department for approval.
  • Coursework may not be used to fulfill General Education Certification requirements for CSU-GE or IGETC (with the exception of Area 6 – Language Other Than English).
  • Santiago Canyon College may not determine course transferability to other colleges and universities.

Students who have completed coursework outside of the United States are encouraged to meet with a counselor to determine course and program applicability.​

Title 5, Section 59410 Students or former students who have been provided with written notice that they have failed to pay a proper financial obligation shall have grades, transcripts, diplomas, and registration privileges withheld. Revised: July 21, 2014 (Previously BP5555).​