Counseling Center - Spring 2020
Hours of Operation
Mondays through Thursdays, 8:00 AM - 6:00 pm
Fridays: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
*Unless otherwise noted*
Week of February 17, 2020
Monday, Feb. 17: HOLIDAY - CLOSED
Tuesday, Feb. 18: 8:00 am - 5:30 pm
Wednesday, Feb. 19: 8:00 am - 5:30 pm
Thursday, Feb. 20: 8:00 am - 5:30 pm
Friday, Feb. 21 9:00am - 4:30 pm
Counselor availability and average wait times may vary.
Contact the Counseling Center at (714) 628-4800 for current availability.
Through special programs, classes, group or individual counseling, the SCC Counseling Department is committed to providing you with the assistance and advice that you need to successfully complete your academic, career, and personal goals.
Counselors are available to meet with students by Appointment and on a Drop-in basis.
Counseling Appointment Services:
The SCC Counseling Department offers a wide variety of career exploration and education planning services by appointment. Counselors are meeting with students for up to 45 minutes during a scheduled appointment. Appointments are being booked up to two weeks in advance, so please plan ahead and take advantage of available appointments early in the term. New appointment options will be opened for booking each Friday after 10:00am.
To book a Counseling appointment, call (714) 628-4800 or visit us in the Counseling Center, room D-106.
The following services are currently being addressed by Appointment only:
- Comprehensive Student Education Planning (CSEPs)
- Student Education Plan Revisions/Updates
- Financial Aid Appeals requiring a new or revised/updated CSEP
- CSEPs for SCC Athletes, SCC Promise Scholarship recipients and Veteran Students seeking certification of benefits and/or priority registration
- Review of transcripts/coursework from other colleges and universities
- Pass Along Petitions - for students with previous coursework from a CSU/UC/Private/Out-of-state college or university
- In-depth career exploration and development for undecided majors
Drop-in Counseling Services:
Counselors are also available to assist students with general questions, prerequisite clearances, overload petitions, and other quick Q&A needs on a Drop-in basis. Drop-in services are designed to address each student's most immediate needs in a quick and efficient manner. Drop-in sessions with a counselor last up to 15 minutes max.
How do Drop-in Counseling Services work?
If you visit the Counseling Center seeking services without a scheduled appointment, you will be placed on the Drop-in list and seen by the next available counselor. Wait times will vary, and we will make every effort to see that you receive the assistance you need in a timely manner. If you believe you will need more than 15 minutes of time with a counselor to address your current concerns, please call the Counseling Center at (714) 628-4800 and book a full, 45-minute appointment.
Please Note: A counselor may refer you to the Counseling Center front desk to book a full 45-minute appointment based on your individual needs.
Drop-in services include:
- Abbreviated Student Education Planning (one semester planning)
- Interpretation of placement recommendations in English, math and reading
- Prerequisite Clearance(s) for classes at SCC
- Graduation Petitions*
- Request to Change your Course of Study/Major
- Overload Petitions
- Petition to Substitute a Major Requirement
- Pass/No Pass questions
- Withdrawal questions
- Questions about General Education courses / "I need to select one more class"
- General Questions
*NOTE: Graduation Petition requests that involve multiple transcripts from other colleges/universities may require a full appointment.
For more information on Counseling hours and availability, please call (714) 628-4800 or stop by the Counseling Center, Room D-106. Your Student ID Number is required to meet with a Counselor.
Follow the SCC Counseling Department on Instagram!
Santiago Canyon College
8045 E. Chapman Ave.
Orange, CA 92869
Phone : (714) 628-4800
Please have your SCC 7-digit student ID number ready when visiting the Counseling Center.