Through special programs, classes, group or individual counseling, the SCC Counseling Department is committed to providing you with the assistance and advice that you need to successfully complete your academic, career, and personal goals.
Counseling services include:
- Career exploration and university transfer information
- Career development for undecided majors
- Assessment and interpretation for placement in English, Reading, and Math
- One-on-one counseling
- Educational planning and course selection
- Referral for special classes and/or testing
- Application workshops for Cal State and University of California
- New student orientations
Counselors are also available to help students:
- Develop optimal abbreviated and comprehensive student education plans
- Assess interests and abilities
- Find a new approach to problems
- Increase sensitivity to others
- Learn how to change self-defeating habits and attitudes
- Recognize style, purposes, and values
- Help students who are having academic or personal difficulties
- Clarify thinking
Santiago Canyon College
8045 E. Chapman Ave.
Orange, CA 92869
Phone : (714) 628-4800
Please have your SCC 7-digit student ID number ready when visiting the Counseling Center.
Counseling Center - Hours of Operation
Counselor Availability for Fall, 2018 (Beginning August 27th):
Mondays: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Tuesdays: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Wednesdays: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursdays: 8:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Fridays: 8:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Counselor availability and average wait times may vary.
Contact the Counseling Center at (714) 628-4800 for current availability.
Counselors are available to meet with students by appointment and on a first come, first serve basis through Express Counseling.
Counseling Appointments (one-to-one sessions, 45 minutes in duration) are currently being scheduled in the Counseling Center. To book your Counseling Appointment, call the Counseling Center at (714) 628-4800 or visit us in room D-106.
The following services are currently being addressed in full, 45-minute Counseling Appointments:
- Comprehensive Student Education Planning (CSEPs)
- Education Plan Revisions/Updates
- Financial Aid Appeals requiring a new or updated CSEP
- CSEP for Veteran Students seeking certification of benefits and/or priority registration
- Abbreviate Student Education Planning (one-to-two semester planning)
- Graduation Petitions
- Pass Along Petitions - for students with previous coursework from a CSU/UC/Private/Out-of-State university
"Express Counseling" is also currently available on a first come-first serve basis. The following services are currently being addressed by Express Counseling:
- Prerequisite Clearance(s) for classes at SCC and SAC
- Overload Petitions
- Pass/No Pass questions
- Withdrawal questions
- Questions about General Education courses / "I need to select one more class"
- General Questions
For more information on Counseling hours and availability, please call (714) 628-4800 or stop by the Counseling Center, Room D-106. Your Student ID Number is required to meet with a Counselor.