Through special programs, classes, group or individual counseling, the SCC Counseling Department is committed to providing you with the assistance and advice that you need to successfully complete your academic, career, and personal goals.
Counseling services include:
- Career exploration and university transfer information
- Career development for undecided majors
- Assessment and interpretation for placement in English, Reading, and Math
- One-on-one counseling
- Educational planning and course selection
- Referral for special classes and/or testing
- Application workshops for Cal State and University of California
- New student orientations
Counselors are also available to help students:
- Develop optimal abbreviated and comprehensive student education plans
- Assess interests and abilities
- Find a new approach to problems
- Increase sensitivity to others
- Learn how to change self-defeating habits and attitudes
- Recognize style, purposes, and values
- Help students who are having academic or personal difficulties
- Clarify thinking
Santiago Canyon College
Room: Temporarily located in E-307
8045 E. Chapman Ave.
Orange, CA 92869
Phone : (714) 628-4800
Please have your SCC 7-digit student ID number ready when visiting the Counseling Center.
Counseling Center - Summer 2018 Hours
This summer, the Counseling Center is temporarily located on the 3rd floor of the E-building. Please visit us in room E-307 when arriving.
Counselor Availability for June 4 - June 14, 2018:
Monday through Thursday: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Note: No Counselors available on Fridays, June 4 - June 15, 2018.
Counselor Availability for June 18 - July 27, 2018:
Mondays: 9:00 am - 1:00pm and 2:00 pm - 6:00pm
Tuesdays: 9:00 am - 1:00pm and 2:00 pm - 6:00pm
Wednesdays: 9:00 am - 1:00pm and 2:00 pm - 6:00pm
Thursdays: 9:00 am - 1:00pm and 2:00 pm - 6:00pm
Fridays: 9:00 am - 1:00pm
Please Note: On Thursday, 06/21, only 1 counselor will available from 2:00pm-6:00pm.
All other counselors will be participating in a Student Success event on campus.
Counselor availability and average wait times may vary.
Contact the Counseling Center at (714) 628-4800 for current availability.
"First Come, First Serve" Counseling:
Students are currently being seen on a "First Come, First Serve" basis only. Please call (714) 628-4800 or stop by the Counseling Center in E-307 for more information.
Counselors will be available to assist students with general questions, prerequisite clearances, overload petitions, and abbreviated or comprehensive student education plans as needed. Students will be seen in order - First Come, First Serve. Wait times will vary, and we will make every effort to see that you receive the assistance you need in a timely manner.
For more information on Counseling hours and availability, please call (714) 628-4800 or stop by the Counseling Center's temporary location, Room E-307. Your Student ID Number is required to meet with a Counselor.