After you've applied to UC's or CSU's for Fall 2021 there are certain steps that need to be taken in order to ensure you remain eligible for admission. Staying on top of these deadlines is important, and it all starts with checking the inbox of the email on your profile of the application. Often times messages from universities will be lost in the junk or spam folders. Students need to know that missing deadlines because of problems with email is not considered a valid excuse and will not constitute overturning admissions decisions. Therefore, it's time to start the habit to check your email early and often to avoid any mishaps!
What are some of the things that need to get done before enrolling at a UC or CSU? Some of the main examples are below:
- Check Email Regularly
- Update Application for UC Campuses
- Complete Supplemental Applications
- Graduation Petition
- FAFSA/CA Dream Act Application
- Send in Official Transcripts
- Sending AP, IB, and Other Scores
- When Will I Be Admitted? Admission notices are typically sent out in March and April. For CSU campuses, if admitted, the deadline to submit your Statement of Intent to Register (SIR) is May 1. For UC Campuses, if admitted, the deadline to submit SIR is June 1.
Keep in mind that this is not an exhaustive list and it is not necessarily in an exact, sequential order to follow. Specific schools may ask you to provide other information or to take additional steps. With 23 CSU campuses and 9 UC campuses, there are a lot of different institutitional decisions in play regarding timelines, dates, and deadlines. The most important thing you can do is to get organized and stay on top of deadlines. Visit your counselor or the Transfer Success Center for more help.
Private schools and out of state schools do not adhere to the same requirements and timelines as the UC or CSU systems. Each school has its own transfer process. Visit Room D-104 if you have a specific private or out of state campus that you want to apply to.