To be eligible for the Student Support Services TRiO Program, students must meet the following criteria:
- Be currently enrolled in 12 units (waived with permission of program director)
- Be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident of the United States (Residents must provide proof of residency)
- Have an educational goal to transfer to a four-year university or graduate with an associate degree or certificate
- Meet the low-income criteria as specified below (student must submit copy of parent's 1040 as proof of income if applicable) AND who are first generation college students (parents did not earn a bachelors degree from the United States) and/or students with disabilities
- In need of academic assistance
Other eligibility criteria to be considered are:
- Two-thirds of participants in any SSS project must be either disabled or potential first-generation college students from low-income families. One-third of disabled participants must also be low-income students.
Annual Low Income Levels
(Effective January 11, 2019 until further notice)
|Family Size||Income||Family Size||Income|
* For family units with more than eight members, add the following amount for each additional family member: $6,630 .