Get an Early Start on College!
The Early Welcome Program for Fall 2020 has ended. New students can still enroll for Fall 2020 by completing the online "new student orientation" on Webadvisor and participating in a Live-Chat virtual session with a counselor for assistance with a fall semester education plan.
Online Counseling Services are offered by Live-Chat in Cranium Café to help you develop an Abbreviated Student Education Plan for Fall 2020. Sessions are approximately 15 minutes in length. **Due to increased demand, Live-Chat wait times will be longer than typical**
Live-Chat services include:
- Abbreviated Student Education Planning (Fall 2020 semester planning)
- Interpretation of placeement recommendations in English, math, and reading
- Prerequisite Clearance(s) for classes at SCC
- Graduation Petitions
- Requests to Change your Course of Study/Major
- Overload Petitions
- Petition to Substitute a Major Requirement
- Pass/No Pass questions
- Withdrawal questions
- Questions about Fall 2020 Class Planning / "I need to select one more class"
- General Questions/Other
To live chat with a counselor please click here
Graduating high school seniors are encouraged to participate in SCC's Early Welcome Program. Students who complete all of the steps of the Early Welcome program will receive priority registration for one year at SCC and also be eligible to receive the SCC College Promise Scholarship.
To participate in Early Welcome, students must complete the following three steps:
1. Complete an Online Application for Fall 2020
2. Schedule and complete Online Orientation
Once you have completed the application, you will receive two emails from SCC, one email is your application submission confirmation that you receive as soon as you submit your application and the second email contains your important student ID information. Please make sure to save the second email because it contains your webadvisor login and student ID number which you will frequently use during your time at SCC.
Our counselors have prepared an online orientation that provides valuable information to your success at SCC. All students must confirm that they will be completing the online orientation so that they receive their online orientation information during their assigned timeframe. Students can confirm by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting your assigned SCC Outreach Representative.
Please refer to the grid in step 3 for specific Orientation/Registration details.
How to Upload Your Transcript:
- First, you will need to log into the form with your student email account . Click on the form below to begin. It will ask you to log in with your student email address. The student email addresses are the Web Advisor ID @student.sccollege.edu - for example: email@example.com.
- For assistance with the Web Advisor password go to Web Advisor (http://sis.rsccd.edu) and click the “What is my Password?" link on the home page. Need to reset your password? Click here.
- Click on the "upload file" button below. Find the form you saved on your computer, and click "open." Once it is uploaded, you will see the name of your file appear under question 1.
3. Create Online Education Plan with your Counselor. Then access your Fall 2020 priority registration!
After completing your online orientation, you will be contacted by Counseling Support Staff (email and phone call) with your assigned 15-minute Friday virtual counseling appointment through Cranium Cafe. Our counselors will help you develop your first-semester education plan based on your academic goals using the Academic Planning Guide.
If you wish to submit passing AP or SBAC scores please follow the steps for online course prerequisite clearance by clicking here
Once you and your counselor have created your first semester education plan, you can then access your priority registration! You will have until Sunday 11:59pm PST to register for classes with priority. After your priority registration period ends, you cannot make changes to your schedule until your next registration period (see your WebAdvisor for your next registration period).
Need help with registering for your Fall 2020 classes?
Click Live Chat on the right side column.
Below is a list of materials you should have ready for your Counseling Appointment:
Please refer to the following grid for specific information about Early Welcome 2020:
|Early Welcome Orientation Schedule for Fall 2020 Students|
|Group||Feeder High School||Online Orientation Timeframe (Ends Wednesday 11:59pm PST)||Virtual Counseling Appointment (9:00am - 5:00pm PST)||Priority Registration Timeframe (Ends Sunday 11:59pm PST)||SCC Outreach Representative|
|1||El Modena||April 13- April 15||Friday April 17||April 17 - April 19||Skyler Phamle|
|Villa Park||Erica Lehman|
|2||Canyon||April 17- April 22||Friday April 24||April 24- April 26||Erica Lehman|
|Katella||Melany del Carpio|
|Yorba Linda||Erica Lehman|
|3||Beckman||April 24- April 29||Friday May 1||May 1- May 3||Griselda Morones|
|Corona||Melany del Carpio|
|El Dorado||Erica Lehman|
|Santiago (Corona)||Melany del Carpio|
|4||Open to All ||May 1 - May 6||Friday May 8||May 8 - May 10||Melany del Carpio|
|5||Open to All||May 8 - May 13||Friday May 15||May 15- May 17||Melany del Carpio|
|* Max capacity 320 students per session. |
|* If your school is not on this list you may still get an earlier orientation date if space permits.|||
4. (Bonus Steps) Sign up and attend Summer Advantage Academy to access a second year of priority registration. Also, be sure to apply for the Promise Scholarship that provides 2 years of free tuition, regardless of family income!
Summer Advantage is an exciting one-day program that helps you get comfortable with the campus, meet our awesome faculty, refresh your skills with some core academic material, and meet other new students! As an added bonus of participating in Summer Advantage, you will receive a second year of priority registration! To learn more about the program please click here.
The Promise Scholarship offers up to 2 years of free tuition, peer mentoring and access to specialized academic and career planning with related support services for first-time college students. Sign up for the Promise Scholarship by clicking here. Priority deadline is May 29, 2020. All applicants must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).