Sign In

Dream Act




Wha​​​​t is the California Dream Act?​

If you are an eligible AB 540 student (see below for who qualifies as an AB 540 student) the California Dream Act is the way to apply for California state financial aid programs, including: 
  • Board of Governors Fee Waiver
  • State financial aid like Cal Grants and Chafee Grants
  • Assistance from EOPS, CARE or CalWORKs
  • Privately-funded scholarships​

Need help filling out your application?

Come to an Application Workshop. See this flyer for dates and information​.

Who qualifies as an AB 540 student?
You are an AB 540 student, and exempt from paying non-resident enrollment fees, if you meet all of the following criteria:
  • Attended a California high school for at least three years;
  • Graduated from a California high school, (or got a GED, or passed the California High School Proficiency Exam)
  • Are registered or enrolled at a California community college;
  --  AND  --                                                                                                                                                   
  • If required, you ​will submit an affidavit saying you have filed for legal immigration status (or will file when you are eligible to do so)

Please contact your college Admissions Office to determine if you are AB 540 eligible.