MAKE A SMOOTH TRANSITION FROM HIGH SCHOOL TO COLLEGE BY REGISTERING WITH DISABLED STUDENTS PROGRAMS & SERVICES (DSPS)
DSPS offers students a broad range of special services designed to support academic success. Through DSPS, high school students can receive assistance with class scheduling, arrange for support services and participate in priority registration. To apply for DSPS services, follow the steps in the checklist below.
2021 High School Transition Steps
1. COMPLETE A COLLEGE APPLICATION
- Complete a Santiago Canyon College application for Spring 2021* and Fall 2021 ASAP. Apply online at
Apply online here
* A Spring application is needed as DSPS is providing you with transition services in Spring. On the Spring application under the Education tab, select "enrolling in high school and college at the same time".
Need help with your application? Contact our Outreach Staff at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment
2. COMPLETE ORIENTATION FORM
- Complete the Orientation Form. (Link will be e-mailed to you once SCC application is complete.)
3. PROVIDE DISABILITY DOCUMENTATION TO DSPS by 3/21/2021
- Provide disability documentation, the three items below, to DSPS one of the following ways:
- Current IEP or 504 plan
- Most recent Assessment Team Report (with cognitive and achievement test scores, if applicable.) Provide testing score print out, if available.
- Unofficial high school transcript (Needed for English and Math placement)
4. REGISTER WITH DSPS
- Schedule an appointment to register with DSPS by 3/5/21 or as soon as you submit your disability documentation. At that appointment, your needs will be evaluated and future appointments for orientation and class planning will be discussed. An initial appointment should be held before 3/26/21, if possible.
- Meet with the DSPS Counselor for an abbreviated education plan Math/English placement by 4/2/21.
- Plan your Fall 2021 schedule with a DSPS Specialist. This appointment will be determined after the Initial appointment.
5. ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
Complete the required online SCC New Student Orientation through canvas.
(Link available after 4/1/21 and will be sent from the SCC's Outreach Office.)
Register for classes on your assigned date in April or May.
Pay your classes before May 18, 2021 to avoid being dropped from your classes.