Internships are learning opportunities that provide hands-on work experience connected to a major or career path. An internship is designed to "test drive" a career, gain practical work or research related experience, provide an in-depth look at a particular career field and gain a better understanding of the industry.Internships are an excellent way to...
- Learn what skills are required to successfully navigate a career choice
- Apply classroom concepts to real work life
- Develop and enhance communication, critical thinking, teamwork and other transferable skills
- Learn and develop professional work habits
- Understand corporate cultures and analyze different work settings
- Build your resume
- Network. Get a foot in the door!
- Build professional confidence
Check out this resource for how to get an internship: Glassdoor, How to Get an Internship
Micro-Internships for College Students