It is the student's responsibility to manage their waitlist. Students can access "Manage My Waitlist" through Web Advisor.
- Once a class fills its seats to the limit, a waitlist is created. Although you may see an open seat - you may only add yourself to the waitlist.
- As seats become available, students WHO ARE ELIGIBLE FO R THE CLASS will be rolled automatically into the open seats. An email will be sent to you when this happens. You have two days to pay. Failure to pay on time may cause you to lose the class and your place on the waitlist.
- It is your responsibility to check your email and class schedule every day to see if you have been moved from the waitlist into an open seat.
- Online classes may not always allow wait listing. The Online Records System/WebAdvisor may or may not allow you to get on the waitlist.
- Some waitlist may have a maximum limit. If you cannot add yourself to the waitlist, then the waitlist is full. As a courtesy to other students, please drop yourself from the waitlist if you no longer plan to take the course.
- Once the term starts, the movement off the waitlist stops. However, students wait listed for the late-starting classes will continue to be rolled into open seats.
- Once the term begins, your instructor will go through their waitlist and will mark students for “add authorizations." If you receive an add authorization, your section will be flagged with a blue banner in the “Plan and Schedule" screen in “Student Planning":
This will now allow you to register for the section. For a step-by-step guide, click HERE
NOTE - YOUR NAME WILL REMAIN ON THE WAITLIST AND NEVER ROLL INTO AN OPEN SEAT IF:
- You are repeating a course
- You need an overload petition
- There is a class conflict
NOT ON THE WAITLIST AT THE START OF CLASS?
You can email your instructor to see if they will allow you to add with an add authorization.