Chrome is the preferred web browser for Live Chat.
Student Education Plan Petition to Graduate
Petition for a CertificateOther Graduation-Related Forms
Degrees and Certificates FAQ
Who Should Submit a Petition?
- Students who have completed at least 30 applicable degree units and working towards completing their degree or certification should submit a petition to graduate.
- Even if you do not wish to participate in commencement, you must complete a petition to receive your degree or certification.
When Are Petition Forms Due?
|Fall 2021||October 8, 2021||End of Mar 2022||End of Apr 2022||June 3, 2022|
|Spring 2022||March 11, 2022||End of Aug 2022||End of Sept 2022||June 3, 2022|
|Summer 2022||June 23, 2022||End of Oct 2022||End of Nov 2022||June 2022 or 2023|
|Fall 2022||October 7, 2022||End of Mar 2023||End of Apr 2023||June 2023|
|Spring 2023||March 10, 2023||End of Aug 2023||End of Sept 2023||June 2023|
|Summer 2023||June 22, 2023||End of Oct 2023||End of Nov 2023||June 2023 or 2024|
Submit your petition for graduation the semester before your final semester.
Petitions submitted after the deadline will be processed for the following semester.
Where Should I Submit My Petition On-Campus?
- Submit Graduation Petitions to the Admissions & Records Office in the E-Building (E-101) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How Do I Submit a Graduation Petition Electronically?
- Submit a scanned PDF copy to email@example.com
- Images taken by using a cell phone camera do not always come out readable
- It is advised to use a PDF scanner such as CamScanner
- Graduation petitions will only be accepted from the email addresses we have on file in Self-Service
- All petitions MUST BE complete:
- All fields entered
- Signed and dated at the bottom
- Official transcripts from "Institutions Attended" must be in by the time of final evaluation
- Students will receive a confirmation email once the petition has been received
- Students can also submit a physical copy to Admissions and Records in E-101.
How Do I Get Help Completing a Petition?
- Sign up for a workshop
- Make an appointment with an academic counselor at (714) 628 - 4800
- Complete the form yourself following the instructions in this PowerPoint presentation:
How Do I Contact the Graduation Office?