Sign In

Frequently Asked Questions


When will my degree be awarded?

  • Awards must be evaluated before being posted on your transcripts
  • Graduation petitions are evaluated by hand, one by one
  • If there are missing requirements, emails will be sent notifying you k

I am transferring and need to send my CSU or IGETC ce​rtification?

  • There is no way to put a rush on your petition 
  • Most of the students who petition to graduate from SCC are planning to transfer and everyone is a priority
  • You may need to submit an official transcript now and another after your general education certification is awarded
  • Check with your transfer institution if they need a certification form or if official transcripts with GE certificates posted are sufficient
  • If you need a CSU or IGETC ​Certification form, email 

How do I know when my degree or certificate is awarded?

  • Awards will appear at the end of the transcript under the heading "Awards Conferred"
  • View your unofficial transcripts online through WebAdvisor
  • Graduation status is communicated via email on file in WebAdvisor​

When will I get my diploma or certificate?

  • Diplomas and certificates are printed in-house
  • The order is not placed until ALL awards have been evaluated
  • Diplomas and certificates are printed three times a year (April, September, and November) 

Do I have to pick up my diploma?

  • ALL diplomas will be mailed to the mailing address in WebAdvisor​
  • Be sure to update your address if you have moved
  • If you do not receive your award, it is your responsibility for reprinting fees ($10) for a duplicate to be mailed​​

How do I order a copy of my diploma or certificate?