Frequently Asked Questions
When will my degree be awarded?
- Awards must be evaluated before being posted on your transcripts
- Graduation petitions are evaluated by hand, one by one
- If there are missing requirements, emails will be sent notifying you k
I am transferring and need to send my CSU or IGETC certification?
- There is no way to put a rush on your petition
- Most of the students who petition to graduate from SCC are planning to transfer and everyone is a priority
- You may need to submit an official transcript now and another after your general education certification is awarded
- Check with your transfer institution if they need a certification form or if official transcripts with GE certificates posted are sufficient
- If you need a CSU or IGETC Certification form, email email@example.com
How do I know when my degree or certificate is awarded?
- Awards will appear at the end of the transcript under the heading "Awards Conferred"
- View your unofficial transcripts online through WebAdvisor
- Graduation status is communicated via email on file in WebAdvisor
When will I get my diploma or certificate?
- Diplomas and certificates are printed in-house
- The order is not placed until ALL awards have been evaluated
- Diplomas and certificates are printed three times a year (April, September, and November)
Do I have to pick up my diploma?
- ALL diplomas will be mailed to the mailing address in WebAdvisor
- Be sure to update your address if you have moved
- If you do not receive your award, it is your responsibility for reprinting fees ($10) for a duplicate to be mailed
How do I order a copy of my diploma or certificate?