Follow these Registration Enrollment Steps in this order for successful registration and beginning of your semester/term.
Step 1 – Registration Dates
- Registration at Santiago Canyon College is conducted on an appointment basis. Appointments are based on a first-come, first-served basis as determined by the date of application (new and returning students).
- You can view your Online Registration Date in WebAdvisor (your student portal to SCC or SAC).
- You can register online anytime on or after your date.
- Check Section Details for each class.
Step 2 – Check Your Email
- Check your email again after you submit your application. You will receive an initial email confirming the receipt of your application.
- Then you will receive another email providing you with your
WebAdvisor login and password and your Student ID Number.
- If you do not receive an email within five to ten days of submitting your application, contact the Admissions and Records Office at
Step 3 – Register for Classes Online
Is the class restricted?
- You may need Placement Testing. Restricted classes usually need testing such as advanced Chemistry placement testing. Refer to the
Placement Recommendation and Testing web page for more information.
Does the class have a prerequisite?
- You can check to see if a class has a prerequisite using
WebAdvisor. Click on the Section Information of the class. If a class has a prerequisite, and you did not take the prerequisite at SCC or SAC, you will need to get a prerequisite clearance from counseling. This will require an official transcript that shows the successful completion of the prerequisite. Refer to the
Course Prerequisite Clearance web page for more information.
Is it your registration date yet?
- View your registration date using
WebAdvisor. You will be restricted from registering until your registration date. You may register for classes any time on or after your registration date up until the Saturday before classes start.
Are you repeating the class?
Are you a returning student?
- Returning students are those who have skipped two primary semesters (Fall and Spring). Returning students must reapply online. Upon the completion of your application, you will be provided a registration date. View your registration date using
Drop / Withdraw From Class Policy
- When dropping classes via
WebAdvisor, it is very important that you click on "Submit" after clicking the Drop checkbox next to the section you want to drop.
- In the Registration Results screen, confirm the status of your Drop transaction. Then click OK. To confirm that your class was dropped, go to My Class Schedule to view your updated class schedule. The class should be removed.
- For step-by-step instructions of Dropping a Class Section, refer to the Student WebAdvisor Help Manual.
- It is the student's responsibility to drop a course by the deadline to avoid a financial obligation to the college or to avoid receiving a "W", "F" or "NP" grade. Even if you stop attending the class, you owe the fees unless you drop before the refund date.
- For complete withdrawal deadline dates, refer to the Instructional Calendar.
After the semester/session has started, students may petition to be added to the class by:
- Attend the first class meeting.
- Ask the instructor if there's still an open seat in the class for you. If yes, obtain an ADD CODE from the instructor.
- Add the class online by using WebAdvisor. Select the Add Code Registration link in the Students Menu - Registration Section.
Online classes do not always allow waitlisting. Most online courses overload their capacity. Once that capacity is filled, the class is closed. You will not be able to get on a waitlist. Do NOT email the instructor. You will not receive a reply. If you are added to an online class, the class will be listed on your schedule.
Waitlist Policy - (If you're on the waitlist - check your email daily!)
It is the student's responsibility to manage their waitlist. Students can access "Manage My Waitlist" through Web Advisor.
- Once a class fills its seats to the limit, a waitlist is created. Although you may see an open seat - you may only add yourself to the waitlist.
- As seats become available, students WHO ARE ELIGIBLE FO R THE CLASS will be rolled automatically into the open seats. An email will be sent to you when this happens. You have two days to pay. Failure to pay on time may cause you to lose the class and your place on the waitlist.
- It is your responsibility to check your email every day to see if you have been moved from the waitlist into an open seat.
- Online classes may not always allow wait listing. The Online Records System/WebAdvisor may or may not allow you to get on the waitlist.
- Some waitlist may have a maximum limit. If you cannot add yourself to the waitlist, then the waitlist is full. As a courtesy to other students, please drop yourself from the waitlist if you no longer plan to take the course.
- Once the term starts, the movement off the waitlist stops. However, students wait listed for the late-starting classes will continue to be rolled into open seats.
- Once the term begins, your instructor will go through their waitlist and will mark students for “add authorizations." If you receive an add authorization, your section will be flagged with a blue banner in the “Plan and Schedule" screen in “Student Planning":
This will now allow you to register for the section. For a step-by-step guide, click HERE
NOTE - YOUR NAME WILL REMAIN ON THE WAITLIST AND NEVER ROLL INTO AN OPEN SEAT IF:
- You are repeating a course
- You need an overload petition
- There is a class conflict
NOT ON THE WAITLIST AT THE START OF CLASS?
You can email your instructor to see if they will allow you to add with an add authorization.