Thursday, June 6, 2019
Ceremony Starts at 6:00 pm
Location: Vázquez Promenade
Participating students MUST be present for commencement instructions June 1st at 4:30 pm in H-106
Who is eligible to participate in commencement?
Do my family and friends need tickets to attend the commencement ceremony?
Do my family and friends attending the ceremony need to pay for parking?
- No, SCC security will not be citing for parking passes during the ceremony.
Can seats be reserved?
- No, seats are first-come, first-served basis.
- Although seating is open, no more than five (5) seats can be held. If saved seats are not filled 30 minutes before the start of the ceremony, they must be forfeited.
Who should I contact regarding a guest or participant who has special needs?
If a guest or participant has any special needs, please contact 714-628-4932.
- If a guest or participant is in need of special seating, accommodations will be made.
How do I sign-up to participate?
All students wishing to participate in the commencement ceremony must register at the SCC Hawk Bookstore beginning May 1.
What is the academic dress to participate in the commencement ceremony?
All graduates participating in the Santiago Canyon College Commencement Ceremony must wear approved academic attire, which may be purchased through the SCC Hawk Bookstore. The cost is $35.00 plus tax. If you make other arrangements for your cap and gown you must still register at the SCC Hawk Bookstore.
- Cap, gown, and tassels can be purchased from the bookstore during the 2019 Grad Fair (the last week in April) or in the SCC Hawk Bookstore from May 1 - June 1. Cap and gown must both be BLACK or you will not be permitted to participate in the ceremony.
The SCC Hawk Bookstore is ready to assist you. Please visit during the hours below, or call us at 714.628.4736. Cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express are accepted. Credit card holders must be present at the time of purchase.
SCC Hawk Bookstore Hours
Monday through Thursday 7:45 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Friday 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (noon)
Will I receive my diploma at the commencement ceremony?
- Unfortunately, diplomas will not be given at the commencement ceremony.
- Diplomas will be mailed out a few months after the semester for which you are petitioning ends. Please make sure your address is up-to-date with the Admissions and Records Office to ensure arrival of your diploma.
Do I qualify for Academic Honors?
Students who have CUMULATIVE GPA of 3.5 or above in all coursework (including courses transferred from another institution) will qualify for the following honors;
3.5 to 3.79 - With Honors
3.80 to 3.99 - With High Honors
4.0 - With Highest Honors
- If you qualify for Academic Honors, please pick up your gold tassel at the SCC bookstore when you pick up cap and gown
IMPORTANT NOTE: Students GPA are calculated through the Fall 2018 is used to determine academic honors for commencement
Will there be a photographer?
A professional photographer will photograph each graduate as they receive their diploma
- A FREE proof will be emailed or mailed to graduates at no obligation. Address cards will be provided at the Bookstore when purchasing caps and gowns
Will there be a videographer?
Participating students MUST be present for commencement instructions June 6 at 4:30 pm in H-106
For additional information, please call 714-628-4932