In response to the challenges and concerns some of you may have during the transition to Temporary Remote Instruction (TRI), Santiago Canyon College is extending the deadline for requesting a Pass/No Pass (P/NP) grading option until May 29, 2020 for the Spring 2020 semester. You may download the petition here: Spring 2020 P/NP Petition Due to COVID-19 Crisis
Students selecting this option will receive a “P" for Pass (equivalent of grade C or better) or “NP" for No Pass (equivalent to a substandard grade of D or F) at the end of the semester. Once you submit your petition, you cannot change the grading option back to a standard letter grade for Spring 2020. A P/NP grade in Spring 2020 will not affect your progress/academic probation or dismissal status. If you earn a NP for a course in Spring 2020, it will not count towards the permitted number of attempts.
Petitions will not be accepted without a SCC counselor review and signature. To schedule a meeting with a SCC counselor, visit: https://sccollege.edu/Departments/Counseling/Pages/Online_Counseling.aspx
Submit your completed petition to email@example.com. Please allow 2-3 business for us to process your request. You will receive a confirmation email when it has been approved and processed.
Important Information Regarding the P/NP Petition:
- Petition Deadline: May 29, 2020
- This form can only be used to petition Santiago Canyon College (SCC) classes. Classes being offered by Santa Ana College (SAC) must be petitioned through SAC.
- Some transfer institutions may require that certain courses be taken for a letter grade and/or may restrict the number of transfer units that may be taken Pass/No Pass. Consultation with a SCC counselor is required.
- Before approval, student is acknowledging that the coursework being submitted may affect degrees and certifications already posted.
For example, requesting P/NP for “D" grades removes units counted towards a degree, certificate or transfer requirement.
- Student is responsible for submitting updated transcripts to all institutions, if needed.
- “Pass" indicates an equivalent grade of C or better, and “No Pass" is the equivalent to a substandard performance (equivalent to a grade of D or F).
- Petition will not be accepted without a counselor review and signature/approval.
- Once this petition is submitted and approved, you may not request that it be reverted back to a standard letter grade.
- For Spring 2020, Pass/No Pass will not affect your progress probation status.