Sign In


If you decide to purchase a car you must get a California Driver's License or have a valid International Driver's License. In California, the International Driver's License is valid for a limited time only. We strongly recommend that you contact the nearest Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to verify how long you are allowed to drive on the International Driver's License in California from the date of your arrival in the United States.


Documents required to apply for a driver's license: Copy of your Passport, I-20, Visa, and I-94.


Buying a car can be a difficult process. Do not rush, and make sure you understand the procedure. If you pay "in full" for your car, make sure you receive a certificate of ownership also known as "title". You must register the car with the DMV and buy automobile insurance. Make sure you communicate with your insurance agent and find out what the insurance covers and what to do if you are in a car accident.


If you plan to drive to SCC, make sure you purchase a school parking permit at the SCC Cashier's Office in room E-102.