The Santiago Canyon College (SCC) Library has wireless laptop computers available for use within the Library by currently enrolled SCC, Santa Ana College (SAC) students, current SCC staff/faculty.
Terms of Usage
- Laptop computers are for
Library use ONLY; laptops may not be taken out of the Library building.
- Laptop computer users agree to comply with the
Standards of Conduct for Library Computer Use.
Laptop check-out service stops
one hour before the library closes.
- Laptops are checked out at the Circulation Desk in a library-provided carrying case. Always transport the laptop in the carrying case.
Do not leave laptop and accessories unattended in the Library!
- User is responsible for the safety and return of the laptop and accessories as well as for any fines/fees incurred.
- Laptop agreement Form must be returned with laptop. Failure to do so will result in a $10 fee.
- Report any laptop damage or malfunction to the Circulation Desk immediately.
- Library staff will inspect the unit in the presence of the user when it is returned to the Circulation Desk.
- Any tampering and/or damage to the laptop or carrying bag will result in damage fees, possible suspension of laptop and/or library check-out privileges, and/or possible referral for further disciplinary action.
Loan period & late fine
- Loan period:
2 hours (EXCEPTION: any laptop checked-out½ hours before the service ends will be due at 7:00 pm)
- Late charge: One dollar per minute with no limit on late fine
Peripherals & Other Information
- USB port - all laptops
CD Read & Write – IOLIB10M01 through IOLIB10M12
- CD Read Only – IOLIB20M01 through IOLIB20M12
DVD Read Only – all laptops
- Laptop battery should last for the 2-hour loan period
NOTE: Intensive CPU and hard drive activities will deplete the battery more quickly.
- Work must be saved on user-provided storage media.
SUGGESTION: Save work frequently.
- Library is not responsible for any work lost/damaged.
Printing is available from laptops.
Handling & Safety Issues
- Avoid touching screen.
Limit laptop use to locations that will not endanger the laptop.
- Close all applications when finished.
- Close timer at top of screen.
- Turn off the laptop by pressing the power button once.
Software / Applications
- Microsoft Office 2010 Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Windows Media Player
- Flash player
Summer 2015 Revision