The SCC Ramirez Library is committed to providing accessibility to library materials, services, and programs to all members of its college community. Library users with disabilities other than the college community shall also be accommodated with reasonable assistance. All staff members working in public services areas of the Library will make every effort to accommodate reasonable requests from users with disabilities. If your disability is not readily apparent, please identify yourself as having a disability when seeking assistance.
The Library has two adaptive/assistive technology workstations located near the Information Desk on the first floor. They are open to all individuals with priority given to library users in wheel chairs and/or with sensory disabilities. In addition to the standard Library computer features and programs, this workstation area contains the following aids and productivity software:
- 2 Dell computers with 22" LCD widescreen monitors
- 1 Epson scanner
- SmartView 8000 video magnifier
- Optelec Clear View+ desktop video magnifier
- Purple P3 software video phone
- Kurzweil 3000
- JAWS Screen reader (headphones available)
- ZoomText Screen Magnifier
The Kurzweil, JAWS, and ZoomText applications are also available on most of the Library's desktop computers.
Locating and Retrieving Materials
Assistance for retrieving materials from the various collections is available. Please ask at the Information Desk for this assistance.
- Librarians are available for research assistance during library hours.
- The “Ask a Librarian" online text/chat service is also available during library open hours.
- In-depth research consultations are also available to SCC students, staff, and faculty by calling the Information Desk, (714) 628-5005 to schedule a session.
Please contact the following individual regarding library services for users with disabilities:
Lana Wong: 714-628-5014