Rancho Santiago Community College District provides all Santa Ana College and Santiago Canyon College students with college Email addresses. Login Information:
Student Email addresses are the Web Advisor ID @student.sac.edu or @student.sccollege.edu (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com).
Default Password: Use the Web Advisor Password. For assistance with the Web Advisor password go to Web Advisor (http://sis.rsccd.edu) and click the “What is my Password?” link on the home page. For new students, the default Web Advisor password is your date of birth in the Mmmddyyyy format, with the first letter of the month capitalized (e.g. if your birthday is November 15, 2015 the default password would be Nov152015).
To Log into Microsoft Office 365, click or enter http://office.com
in the browser address bar. Enter the college issued 'home' email address and the Microsoft 365 password, then click the "Sign In" button.Helpful Links:
To set up a mobile device to receive or sync the student Email account, download the Outlook App from the Apple or Android store. The App is free, and allows you to access your student Email on your phone.Download:
Your professor may use ConferZoom to communicate with you either by streaming the class live, or by holding online office hours. As a student, you do not need to create an account, you can access ConferZoom through Canvas.How to Access ConferZoom:
Click on ConferZoom from the navigation panel, or a link provided on the homepage
You will be prompted with options on how to enter the meeting, click join with computer audio and select your current camera and microphone if necessary
Here is what your meeting toolbar will look like upon entering the meeting, and features you will have access to
- Mute / Unmute: Mute and unmute your microphone.
- Audio Controls (click the ^ arrow next to Mute / Unmute): Allows you to change the microphone and speaker that Zoom is currently using on your computer, leave computer audio, and access the full audio settings.
- Start Video / Stop Video: Turns your camera on or off.
- Video Controls (click the ^ arrow next to Start Video / Stop Video)
- Participants: See who's currently in the meeting. The Participants list also gives you access to these options:
- Rename: Hover over your name and click Rename to change your screen name displayed to other participants.
- Share Screen: Start a screen share (if the host allows). You will be able to select the desktop or application you want to share
- Chat: Access the chat window to chat with the participants.
- Record: Start or stop a local recording. Attendees do not have access to start a cloud recording. Note: The host will need to allow local recordings in their account settings, then give you permission to record. If you don't have permission to record, use the in-meeting chat or audio to ask the host for permission.
- Leave Meeting: Leave the meeting while it continues for the other participants. Only the host can end the meeting.
Zoom is Mobile Friendly:
ConferZoom supports most operating systems and browsers, as well as the use of mobile devices including smart phones and tablets. The app can be downloaded
from the Zoom site at (Links to an external site.)https://zoom.us/download
or the Google Playstore or Apple Store. (Links to an external site.)
from Zoom is a side by side comparison of desktop vs. mobile devices.
Turn your phone into a document scanner!Download
Online tutoring is available through NetTutor, where all of the tutors hold bachelor's degrees, and many hold graduate degrees in their field of expertise. Online tutoring is a convenient and interactive experience for students to access tutors in a variety of subjects.Access Online Tutoring
Library Online services consist of searching databases, and creating citations.
Microsoft Teams is the hub for team collaboration in Office 365 that integrates the people, content, and tools your team needs to be more engaged and effective. Great for online group projects!Helpful Links:
Pronto is a communication hub created for the everyday user. It connects people via chat and video, so they can learn faster, work smarter, and communicate seamlessly. If your instructor is utilizing Pronto in your Canvas course, it will be in the course navigation. Helpful Links:
Save you photos and files to OneDrive and get them from any device, anywhere. Under the RSCCD Microsoft license agreement, faculty and staff are qualified to use the Microsoft 365 online environment at no additional cost, which includes one terabyte of OneDrive storage! Login using your college e-mail and network password.Helpful Links:
Collaborate for free with online versions of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and OneNote. Save documents, spreadsheets, and presentations onlineMicrosoft 365
Adobe Creative Cloud has been integrated in Canvas. This allows students to access Adobe Creative Cloud suite directly from Canvas course. How to Access Adobe Creative Cloud