Academic Counseling and VA Benefits:
Meeting with an academic counselor regularly is important for students using VA benefits. The VA will only approve courses for benefits if they are going towards a specific degree goal at our campus.
It is highly recommended that all student meet with an academic counselor regularly, at least once a year.
An academic counselor can help you:
- Map out your classes for the semester
- Help you select a major and transfer program
- Make sure you are on track for graduation
- Evaluate transcripts from other colleges
- Assist with prerequisite and course clearances
- Give tips on academic improvement
- Help with career exploration
- And so much more!
Meet with the Veteran Academic Counselor:
Song Graham is our veteran academic counselor. She has appointments online specifically for veterans and dependents of veterans. Follow the instructions below to book an appointment.
Veteran Counseling Hours:
9:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
How To Book An Appointment With Song Graham:
- Go to this URL https://sccollege.craniumcafe.com/songgraham
- Click on “Schedule an appointment"
- Use your Canvas/Web advisor login information to log in.
- Select the reason code: Veterans/Military Students (ONLY). Don't select any other reason codes.
- Find a day/time that works for you to schedule your appointment.