Need Extra Help in a Math Class?
The Math Success Center is a zero-cost service provided by SCC that provides students assistance and supplement learning done in the classroom. A math faculty member, an instructional assistant, or a student tutor is always on duty to assist students with questions or concerns from their math class. Additionally, computers are available for students to access mathematical software or do work for an online math class. Students also have access to limited instructional videos and computer tutorial programs.
The Math Success Center is Back In-Person!
The Math Success Center (MSC) will offer in-person services in Fall 2021 and limited online services (discussion boards).
We value everyone's safety and will be implementing the following safety measures:
- Masks, covering both the nose and mouth, will be required for both staff and students in the MSC at all times. If you have an exemption, you will be required to present proof at the time of entry.
- All individuals entering the center will COVID symptoms will be asked to go home.
- Computer keyboards will be on a check-out basis so we are able to properly sanitize them between uses.
- Some tables will have partitions.
- Nightly sanitizing of surfaces
- Hand Sanitizer at tables
Once registered, you can come to the MSC at any time during our hours of operation or log into Canvas to participate in the discussion boards. To utilize the discussion boards, click on the "Discussions" tab in Canvas on the left menu. Discussion questions are answered within 24 business hours. If a question is posted during the hours of operation, most likely the question is answered same day.
How to Enroll
To use the Math Success Center, students need to enroll in MATHCE 100. You can do this on your first visit to the Math Success Center by logging into the registration computer.
Staff members are here to assist you in the MSC registration process. Please stop by the center if you need asssistance and start using the MSC the same day!
Students enrolled in MATHCE 100 will complete at least 10 hours and one activity in the Math Success Center during the 16-week semester to earn a Pass (P) grade. Students who complete between 1 and 10 hours will earn a Satisfactory Progress (SP) grade. Grades earned in the MSC will not affect your GPA.
For more info, visit our FAQs page: Math Success Center FAQs
Plenty of space to sit and do work ||
Computers for online assignments and activities ||
Study room for small groups with white boards |
The MSC will be in room E-303 during Spring Intersession 2022
Fall & Spring Semesters
9:30 a.m.-7:30 p.m.||Mondays-Thursdays|
|9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.||
1:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.||Mondays-Thursdays|
|1:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.||Mondays and Wednesdays|
|10:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.||Tuesdays and Thursdays|
- Mathematics Instructors are always available
- Computers available for student use
- Study Rooms for small groups
- For questions, please email the Math Success Center at email@example.com
Department Web Author: