Tutoring helps you, as a student, excel academically. Tutoring is a free service for all SCC students and is offered for most subjects. Depending on the course, we offer in-person tutoring in small groups on a walk-in basis or individual tutoring by appointment. We are committed to assisting students develop the skills and confidence needed to succeed in their coursework and in their academic, professional, and personal pursuits.
The First Year Support Center offers one on one tutoring by appointment. Drop-in tutoring may also be available when tutors do not have appointments scheduled.
How can you meet with a tutor?
There are several ways to make an appointment with a tutor:
- Visit the First Year Support Center (E Building, Room 303) to schedule an appointment.
- Call to request an appointment at 714-628-5085.
If you call us to request an appointment and need to leave a message, be sure to include the following information:
- Your name and SCC student ID number
- A couple of choices for the days and times when you would like an appointment
- The name of the class for which you need tutoring (Math N60, POLT 101, etc.)
- A phone number where we can call you to confirm your appointment
Benefits of Tutoring
You will gain a better understanding of the material from tutors who have mastered the coursework
You will be able to review key concepts from courses
You will be able to ask the questions you did not ask in class
You will be better prepared to participate in class
You will learn new methods for note taking and textbook reading
You will be able to formulate questions to take back to professors about course material
You will learn new study strategies
Please email questions about tutoring services to: Connaker_William@sccollege.edu