Sign In



There are two ways to earn a degree in the Earth sciences at SCC.  There is the Associate in Science, Geology for Transfer Degree (32044) and the Associate in Science, Earth Sciences Degree (11934).

Students who wish to major in geology at a four-year college or university and become professional geoscientists should complete the Geology for Transfer degree (32044).  Successful completion of the Geology for Transfer degree guarantees the student acceptance to a California State University campus to pursue a baccalaureate degree in geology or a related field.  While it does not guarantee acceptance to a University of California campus, it does provide the major preparation needed to transfer to a UC geology or geoscience program.

Like the courses at SCC, the old Geology Degree (11934) has changed name to the Earth Sciences Degree (11934).  It is a good option for students who wish to complete a minor in geology to accompany a baccalaureate degree in another subject such as environmental studies or teaching but is not adequate preparation to transfer as a geology major because it lacks the necessary mathematics preparation.

See the current College Catalog for the most up-to-date details on all degrees.