How Does Online Counseling Work?
If you are unable to attend an in-person appointment with a counselor, our online counseling services will give you the opportunity to have all of your counseling needs met in an online format.
Cranium Cafe is our online counseling platform that will allow you to chat, video-chat, audio-chat, share your screen, and download/share documents during your online counseling session.
Online Counseling Services Available
The SCC Counseling Department currently offers virtual assistance through Online Counseling Live-Chat services.
Before your Online Counseling Session:
- Be prepared to provide your Student ID# to your counselor (Example: 2222222)
- Make sure you have a compatible device such as a desktop, laptop, tablet, or Android device.
- Make sure you have a strong and stable internet connection.
- Either Chrome or Firefox internet browsers are required for video chat appointments.
- For Apple iPhone or iPad users, in order conduct video chat appointments, you must download the ConexED app: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/conexed/id1208098450
Live-Chat services include:
- Abbreviated Student Education Planning (Intersession/Spring semester 2021 planning)
- Interpretation of placeement recommendations in English, math, and reading
- Prerequisite Clearance(s) for classes at SCC
- Graduation Petitions (if all courses were taken at SCC/SAC)
- Overload Petitions
- Petition to Substitute a Major Requirement
- Pass/No Pass questions
- Withdrawal/COVID-19 Excused Withdrawal questions
- Questions about Intesession/Spring 2021 Class Planning / "I need to select one more class"
- General Questions/Other
TO ENTER THE LIVE-CHAT LOBBY, CLICK HERE:
- At this time, Counseling Appointments will only be made available for students who are Veterans, students who need a Financial Aid Appeal, or if you have multiple external transcripts from outside institutions that need to be evaluated.
- Please call (714) 628-4800 or email Counseling@sccollege.edu to request an appointment if you are a Veteran, if you need a Financial Aid appeal, or if you have external transcripts from other institutions that need to be evaluated.
- For students with external transcripts from other institutions, attach unofficial copies of all previous transcript records when emailing Counseling and requesting your appointment.