The SCC Counseling & Career Development Department is now offering a wide array of counseling services in-person and on-campus in room D-106. This includes full counseling appointments and drop-in counseling.
The following services are currently being addressed by Appointment:
- Comprehensive Student Education Planning (CSEPs)
- Student Education Plan Revisions/Updates
- Financial Aid Appeals requiring a new or revised/updated CSEP
- CSEPs for SCC Athletes, SCC Promise Scholarship recipients and Veteran Students seeking certification of benefits and/or priority registration
- Review of transcripts/coursework from other colleges and universities
- Pass Along Petitions - for students with previous coursework from a CSU/UC/Private/Out-of-state college or university
- In-depth career exploration and development for undecided majors
To schedule an in-person Counseling Appointment, please call the Counseling Center at (714) 628-4800.
Drop-in Counseling services include:
- Abbreviated Student Education Planning (planning classes for the next term)
- Interpretation of placement recommendations in English, math, and reading
- Prerequisite Clearance(s) for classes at SCC
- Graduation Petitions (if all courses were taken at SCC/SAC)
- Overload Petitions
- Petition to Substitute a Major Requirement
- Pass/No Pass questions
- Withdrawal/COVID-19 Excused Withdrawal questions
- Questions about Class Planning / "I need to select one more class"
- General Questions/Other
To access in-person Drop-in counseling services, please visit us in room D-106.