PLEASE READ CAREFULLY ABOUT ONLINE COUNSELING SERVICES
- Students will be served in the Live-Chat Lobby on a first come, first serve basis. Live-Chat Services are designed to address each student's most immediate needs in a quick and efficient manner. Live-Chat sessions with a counselor can last up to 15 minutes max. **Due to increased demand, Live-Chat wait times will be longer than typical*
Before your Online Counseling Session:
- Be prepared to provide your Student ID# to your counselor (Example: 2222222)
- Make sure you have a compatible device such as a desktop, laptop, tablet, or Android device.
- Make sure you have a strong and stable internet connection.
- Either Chrome or Firefox internet browsers are required for video chat appointments.
- For Apple iPhone or iPad users, in order conduct video chat appointments, you must download the ConexED app: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/conexed/id1208098450
Live-Chat services include:
- Abbreviated Student Education Planning (Class planning for the upcoming term)
- Interpretation of placement recommendations in English, math, and reading
- Prerequisite Clearance(s) for classes at SCC
- Graduation Petitions (if all courses were taken at SCC/SAC)
- Overload Petitions
- Petition to Substitute a Major Requirement
- Pass/No Pass questions
- Withdrawal/COVID-19 Excused Withdrawal questions
- Questions about Class Planning / "I need to select one more class"
- General Questions/Other
TO ENTER THE LIVE-CHAT LOBBY, CLICK HERE:
- Counseling services by Phone: If you would prefer to speak with a counselor by phone, please email Counseling@sccollege.edu and request a Call Back by Phone. Provide your full name, SCC student ID#, the best phone number to reach you at, and your preferred time of day for a call back (Mornings, Afternoons, Evenings). You will typically receive a reply within 24 hours during normal business operations (holidays and weekends excluded).