This committee provides leadership for the cyclical revision of the Educational Master
Plan (EMP), which is informed by program review, internal and external data, and
student learning and achievement data from all areas of Academic Affairs, Continuing
Education, Student Services, and Administrative Services. In addition, the committee
assists in the development of institutional goals and the facilitation of institutional
dialogue around program improvement.
- Monitor and facilitate the annual planning process and ensure that the information
is utilized for planning.
- Administer the Program Review Process, including template development,
timeline creation and information dissemination.
- Report and make recommendations to the Academic Senate and College Council
on planning and program evaluation.
- Investigate special topics related to planning as directed by College Council.
- Facilitate the development of institutional goals and the Educational Master Plan
- One faculty: in charge of agenda, facilitates meetings
- One administrator: in charge of website, minutes, compilation of data, documents
- 9 Faculty, one from each of the following areas:
- Social Science
- Business/Career and Technical Education
- Continuing Education
- At Large
- 4 Classified (appointed by CSEA)
- 1 Vice President or Designee
- 1 Dean of Institutional Effectiveness, Library and Learning Support Services
- 1 Student
EMPC meeting agendas and minutes are located on the sub-page corresponding to each academic year.
EMPC working documents (timelines, DPP and program review guidelines and tutorials, academic program review templates, etc.) are located on EMPC Documents page. The actual published EMP document is also included here.