Through special programs, classes, group or individual counseling, the SCC counseling department is committed to providing you with the assistance and advice that you need to successfully complete your academic, career, and personal goals.
Counseling services include:
- Career exploration and university transfer information
- Career development for undecided majors
- Testing and interpretation
- One-on-one counseling
- Educational planning and course selection
- Referral for special classes and/or testing
- Application workshops for Cal State and University of California
- New student orientations
Counselors are also available to help students:
- Develop optimal educational planning and career information
- Assess interests and abilities
- Find a new approach to problems
- Increase sensitivity to others
- Learn how to change self-defeating habits and attitudes
- Recognize style, purposes, and values
- Help students who are having academic or personal difficulties
- Clarify thinking
Santiago Canyon College
8045 E. Chapman Ave.
Orange, CA 92869
Phone : (714) 628-4800
Fall Semester 2014 Counseling Office Hours:
Monday : 8am - 6pm
Tuesday : 8am - 6pm
Wednesday: 8am - 7pm
Thursday : 8am - 5pm
Friday : 8am - 12 noon
* The office is closed starting Friday, December 19, 2014 and reopens on Monday, January 5, 2015.
* For the week of December 15 (Monday thru Thursday), our Counselors will be available for Drop-In from 9am to 2:30pm. Counselors will not have access to your records so it would be beneficial to have your unofficial transcripts in hand and your SCC student number to answer any academic questions.
* If you are a Financial Aid or Veterans student, please request a counseling appointment.
To request a counseling appointment, call (714) 628-4800 or stop by the Counseling Office, SCC-Room D-106. Your Student ID Number is required to schedule an appointment.