Through special programs, classes, group or individual counseling, the SCC counseling department is committed to providing you with the assistance and advice that you need to successfully complete your academic, career, and personal goals.
Counseling services include:
- Career exploration and university transfer information
- Career development for undecided majors
- Testing and interpretation
- One-on-one counseling
- Educational planning and course selection
- Referral for special classes and/or testing
- Application workshops for Cal State and University of California
- New student orientations
Counselors are also available to help students:
- Develop optimal educational planning and career information
- Assess interests and abilities
- Find a new approach to problems
- Increase sensitivity to others
- Learn how to change self-defeating habits and attitudes
- Recognize style, purposes, and values
- Help students who are having academic or personal difficulties
- Clarify thinking
Santiago Canyon College
8045 E. Chapman Ave.
Orange, CA 92869
Phone : (714) 628-4800
Fall 2015 (August 24 - December 18) Counseling Office Hours:
Monday : 8am - 6pm
Tuesday : 8am - 6pm
Wednesday: 8am - 7pm
Thursday : 8am - 5pm
Friday : 8am - 12pmFall Counseling: Students will be seen on a "First Come, First Serve" basis.
- Counselors will be available to assist students with general questions, prerequisite clearances, overload petitions, and abbreviated or comprehensive student education plans as needed. Students will be seen in order - First Come, First Serve. Wait times will vary, and we will make every effort to see that you receive the assistance you need in a timely manner.
"First Come, First Serve" Counseling hours are as follows:
Monday : 8:30am - 5:30pm
Tuesday : 8:30am - 5:30pm
Wednesday : 8am - 6:30pm
Thursday : 8am - 4:30pm
Friday : 8am - 11:30am
- If you would prefer to book a 45-minute appointment with the counselor of your choice, you may still do so. Counselor availability for scheduled appointments will be limited, so plan ahead. In most cases, appointments will be booked on Wednesdays for the following week. Students who do not attend their scheduled 45-minute appointment will not be allowed to book another appointment time, and will instead be seen on a First Come, First Serve basis only.
- ATTENTION Veterans and Financial Aid Appeals Students
in need of a Counselor Program Approval (CPA): Your circumstance
requires a 45-minute appointment. Please identify your request when
calling the Counseling Office at (714) 628-4800.
To request a counseling appointment, call (714)
628-4800 or stop by the Counseling Office, SCC-Room D-106. Your Student
ID Number is required to schedule an appointment.