Through special programs, classes, group or individual counseling, the SCC counseling department is committed to providing you with the assistance and advice that you need to successfully complete your academic, career, and personal goals.
Counseling services include:
- Career exploration and university transfer information
- Career development for undecided majors
- Testing and interpretation
- One-on-one counseling
- Educational planning and course selection
- Referral for special classes and/or testing
- Application workshops for Cal State and University of California
- New student orientations
Counselors are also available to help students:
- Develop optimal educational planning and career information
- Assess interests and abilities
- Find a new approach to problems
- Increase sensitivity to others
- Learn how to change self-defeating habits and attitudes
- Recognize style, purposes, and values
- Help students who are having academic or personal difficulties
- Clarify thinking
Santiago Canyon College
8045 E. Chapman Ave.
Orange, CA 92869
Phone : (714) 628-4800
Summer 2014 Counseling Office Schedule:
Monday - Thursday: 8am - 1pm and 2 - 6pm
(Office closed from 1 - 2pm daily)
Note: The Counseling Office is closed at 5pm on July 1, July 2, and July 3.
Counseling Services are by Appointment Only! Student ID Number Required!
15-minute appointments are available for course prerequisite clearance and one-semester education planning. All requests for course prerequisite clearance require documentation such as official or unofficial transcripts and/or recent placement test results from a regionally accredited college.
A limited number of 45-minute appointments are reserved for students requiring a comprehensive education plan.
ATTENTION Veterans and Financial Aid Appeals Students in need of a Counselor Program Approval (CPA): Your circumstance requires a 45-minute appointment. Please identify your request when calling the Counseling Office.
To request a counseling appointment, call (714) 628-4800 or stop by the Counseling Office, SCC-Room D-106.
If you need academic advisement for the next semester after completing New Student Orientation, please call (714) 628-4865 or stop by the Transfer Center, SCC-Room D-104-N during hours of operation.