Space is Limited! Apply Early!
In an effort to serve high school seniors, Santiago Canyon College is please to introduce the Early Welcome program, a joint effort among admissions, counseling and outreach. This program addresses the importance of maintaining relationships with local high schools by allowing graduating seniors the ability to complete matriculation services in the spring for the fall 2013 semester.
Early Welcome students who complete this program will be allowed to register for the fall semester before most of SCC's current students; a luxury not available at most community colleges.
To participate in this program, students must complete the following steps:
- Apply online starting on 12/3/2012 at www.sccollege.edu for fall 2013 semester
- Students MUST submit a valid email address
2. Placement Test
- Students must complete their application to be eligible to test. Space is limited!
- Students call the Outreach Department at (714) 628-4808 to sign-up.
- 2013 Test Dates:
- February 21 @ 7:45am (Villa Park HS students only)
- March 5 @ TBD (Canyon HS students only)
- March 19 @ 7:45am (El Modena HS students only)
- March 20 @ TBD (Orange HS students only)
- March 25 @ 3:30pm
- April 1 @ 3:30pm
- April 8 @ 3:30pm
- April 11 @ 3:30pm
- April 15 @ 3:30pm
- April 18 @ 3:30pm
- April 22 @ 3:30pm
- April 29 @ 3:30pm
- Students must bring a photo ID to the test.
- Students must complete the SCC placement test before being allowed to attend the SCC orientation.
- Students should bring an UNOFFICIAL transcript to the orientation.
- Students will be assigned one of following orientation dates
- April 5 @ 9am
- April 12 @ 9am
- April 19 @ 9am
- April 26 @ 9am
- May 3 @ 9am
- The orientation dates will be determined by the placement test date. The earlier the student tests; the earlier the assigned orientation date will be.
- Parent orientations will also be available on the day of their students orientation.
- If students need to make changes to their assigned orientation date, they can call us at 714-628-4808.
- Parking will be free in the student lots during the orientation.
- ONLY those students who attend the orientation will be allowed to receive priority registration during the month of May.
- Students will receive their online registration date during the orientation.
- Students will register for open class sections. Student will NOT be able to go on the "waitlist" for any closed classes.
- Student will have to pay for classes on the day of registration.
- Students who MISS their priority online registration date will NOT be allowed to register until mid August.