High School Transition Information Sheet
Make a smooth transition from high school to college by enrolling with Disabled Students Programs and Services. We offer students a broad range of special services designed to support academic success. Through DSPS, high school students with accommodation needs can complete placement testing, receive assistance with class scheduling and arrange for support services.
DSPS transition activities are designed to prepare high school students for early registration in June. We strongly encourage you to take advantage of this special opportunity to get your college career off to a great start!
To apply for DSPS services, follow the steps in the checklist below.
Complete a college application1. _____Create an e-mail account if
you do not have one. For example, go to:
www.gmail.com or www.yahoo.com
2. _____ Submit a Santiago Canyon College application for spring 2016* and fall 2016.
Apply online at CCCApply.
* A spring application is needed because DSPS is providing
you with transition services in spring. On the spring application under the
Education tab, select “enrolling in high school and college at the same time.”
disability documentation to DSPS (via e-mail, fax, or hand deliver).3. _____ Most recent
Psycho-Educational Assessment Team Report with latest cognitive and achievement test scores. Provide WJ-III
4. _____ Last IEP or 504 plan
5. _____ Unofficial high school transcript
appointments with DSPS
6. _____ After you have turned in your documentation, you (the student) must call to schedule an appointment to meet with a DSPS Instructor. At that appointment, your needs will be evaluated and future appointments will be discussed.
7. _____ Complete placement testing with accommodations.
8. _____ Meet with your DSPS instructor to plan your fall 2016 schedule.
Attend Orientation and Register for fall classes
9. _____ Attend orientation and complete online registration starting April for fall 2016. Be prepared to pay your fees within 3 days of registration.
MARCH 31st IS THE DEADLINE TO CONTACT US FOR EARLY WELCOME PARTICIPATION.