1. Must all students with a disability register with the DSPS program?
NO, participation in DSPS is voluntary and students must request DSPS services.
2. Are students with a state disabled parking permit required to purchase a college parking permit?
YES, everyone parking at the college must have a current SCC parking permit.
3. What type of documentation must students provide to DSPS to obtain services?
Go to: Apply for Services.
4. What if I don't have documentation readily available regarding my disability or my documentation is over three years old?
Print out our
Disability Verification Form and have it completed by your physician or other professional qualified to diagnose your disability.
5. What process must students follow to receive testing accommodations?
See the procedure for requesting DSPS Testing Accommodations.
6. Does DSPS offer learning disabilities assessment to students enrolled at the college?
YES, go to: Learning Disabilities Assessment
7. Are tutoring services available through DSPS?
YES, specialized tutoring is available through Special Services N65 and/or by appointment for selected subjects. Students must be authorized to use this service as an academic accommodation. Contact Us for subject availability.
8. Does the college offer Adapted Exercise Science classes?
NO, SCC does not offer any adapted exercise classes at this time; however, several of
these classes are available at our sister college, Santa Ana College. Santa Ana College Class Schedule