Where can I get help?
1. Start with your instructors. They may be able to give you advice about what
you need to do or which office you need to visit.
2. Academic Success Center. The staff here have a lot of information about
credit, non-credit, college offices and services.
D-209 (714) 628-4830
3. Counseling Department. Our counselors can assist with academic,
vocational and personal issues. Students should see a counselor at least
once per semester.
D-106 (714) 628-4800
4. Child Development Center. We have a wonderful child care facility
and staff, and they are here to provide care for your child while you are
C-115 (714) 628-4891
5. EOPS (Extended Opportunities Programs and Services). If you need special
assistance as an underrepresented student, the staff in this office can help you.
E-108 (714) 628-4915
6. DSPS (Disabled Students Program and Services). If you know or think
you might have a disability, the staff in this office can assist you in many
ways, from testing to verify a disability to helping you determine if you
need special accommodations to succeed in your courses.
E-105 (714) 628-4860 or (714) 639-9742 (TTY)
7. Transfer Center, Job Placement. Located in the SCC Counseling area.
D-106 Job Placement (714) 628-4921
Transfer Center (714) 628-4865
8. SCC Library/Learning Resources Center (LRC).
9. Tutoring Center. You can make an appointment to work with ESL tutors.
U-80 (714) 628-4791
10. Orange Education Center (Continuing Education: non-credit ESL,
high school subjects) This facility is located at 1465 North Batavia Street
(just a little north of Katella) in Orange. The phone number is (714) 628-5900.
We often advise students to contact the ESL program here, especially if they
are looking for free ESL classes and/or cannot attend the ACE classes.