Priority Registration Dates
FAQs on Online Records System Registration Tips
Follow these Registration Enrollment Steps in this order for successful registration and beginning of your semester/session.
Step 1 – Registration Dates
· Registration at Santiago Canyon College is conducted on an appointment basis. Appointments are based on a first-come, first-served basis as determined by the date of application (new and returning students).
· You can view your registration appointment using the Online Records System (WebAdvisor).
· You can register online anytime on or after your appointment until the Saturday prior to the start of the semester/session session.
Step 2 – Check Your Email
· Check your email again after you submit your application. You will receive an initial email confirming the receipt of your application.
· Then you will receive a second email providing you with your login and password in order to access the Online Records System.
· If you do not receive an email within five to ten days of submitting your application, contact the Admissions & Records Office, 714-628-4901.
Step 3 – Register for Classes Online
· For step-by-step instructions of How to Register for Classes, refer to the Student WebAdvisor Training Manual.
Is the class restricted?
· You may need Placement Testing. Restricted classes usually need testing such as English and Math placement testing or department verification. Check the class schedule for information.
Does the class have a prerequisite?
· You can check to see if a class has a prerequisite using the Online Records System. Click on the Section Information of the class. If a class has a prerequisite, and you did not take the prerequisite at SCC or SAC, you will need to get a course waiver from counseling. This will require a transcript which shows the successful completion of the prerequisite.
Is it your registration appointment yet?
· View your registration appointment using the Online Records System. You will be restricted from registering until your registration appointment. You may register for classes any time on or after your registration appointment up until the Saturday before classes start.
Are you repeating the class?
· Refer to the Course Repetition information.
Are you a returning student?
· Returning students are those who have skipped one primary semester (Fall or Spring). Returning students must reapply online. Upon the completion of your application, you will be provided a registration appointment. View your registration appointment using the Online Records System.
· When dropping classes via the Online Records System, it is very important that you click on “Submit” after clicking the Drop check box next to the section you want to drop.
· In the Registration Results screen, confirm the status of your Drop transaction. Then click OK. To confirm that your class was dropped, go to My class schedule to view your updated class schedule. The class should be removed.
· For step-by-step instructions of Dropping a Class Section, refer to the Student WebAdvisor Training Manual.
· It is the student’s responsibility to drop a course by the deadline to avoid financial obligation to the college or to avoid receiving a “W”, “F” or “NP” grade. Even if you stop attending the class, you owe the fees unless you drop before refund date.
· For complete withdrawal deadline dates, refer to the Instructional Calendar.
· After the semester/session has started, students may petition to be added to the class by:
1. Attend the first class meeting with ADD slip.
2. Obtain the instructor signature on the ADD slip.
3. Submit the signed ADD slip to the Admissions & Records Office and pay immediately.
· Online classes do not always allow wait listing. Most online courses overload their capacity. Once that capacity is filled, the class is closed. You will not be able to get on a wait list. Do NOT email the instructor. You will not receive a reply. If you are added to an online class, the class will be listed on your schedule.
Wait List Policy
It is the STUDENT'S REPONSIBILITY to manage their waitlist. You can access the Manage My Waitlist option through the Online Records System/WebAdvisor.
- Once a class fills its seats to the limit, a waitlist is created. Although you may see an open seat - you may only add yourself to the waitlist.
- As seats become available, students WHO ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE CLASS will be rolled automatically into the open seats. An email will be sent to you when this happens. You have three days to pay. Failure to pay on time causes you to lose the class and your place on the waitlist.
- It is your responsibility to check your email every day to see if you have been moved from the waitlist into an open seat.
- Online classes do not always allow wait listing. You will not be able to get on the waitlist. DO NOT EMAIL THE INSTRUCTOR. You will not receive a reply.
- Some waitlists may have a maximum limit. If you cannot add yourself to the waitlist, then the waitlist is full. As a courtesy to other students, please drop yourself from the waitlist if you no longer plan to take the course.
- Once the semester/session starts, the movement off the waitlist stops. However, students wait listed for the late-starting classes will continue to be rolled into open seats.
- If your name remains on the waitlist once the semester/session has started, you must attend the first class meeting and obtain the instructor’s signature to add the course. Instructor signature is required in ALL petitioned adds. Late adds are at the discretion of the instructor.
- Submit your Petition Add Card during the first week of the semester/session to the Admissions & Records Office and pay immediately.
NOTE - YOUR NAME WILL REMAIN ON THE WAITLIST AND NEVER ROLL INTO AN OPEN SEAT IF:
Ø You do not meet the prerequisite (make sure your Course Waiver has been entered into our system by Counseling)
Ø You are repeating a course
Ø You need an overload petition
Ø There is a class conflict