Thursday, June 4, 2015
Who is eligible to participate in commencement?
- Students who earned a degree in Summer 2014 or Fall 2014
- Students who submitted a petition to graduate with a degree for Spring 2015 or Summer 2015
Do my family and friends need a tickets to attend the commencement ceremony?
- No, tickets are not required to attend the commencement ceremony.
How do I sign-up to participate?
Where do I get a cap and gown?
- Cap, gown, and tassels may be purchased from the SCC Hawk Bookstore
- The cost is: TBA
- For your convenience, the SCC Hawk Bookstore hours are:
Monday through Thursday 7:45 a.m. - 7:15p.m.
We’re here to assist you, so please visit the SCC Hawk Bookstore, or call us at 714.628.4736. Visa, MasterCard, checks and cash accepted.
Do I qualify for Academic Honors?
- Students must have a CUMULATIVE GPA of 3.5 or above in all coursework (including courses transferred from another institution)
3.5 to 3.79 - With Honors
3.8 to 3.99 - With High Honors
4.0 - With Highest Honors
- President’s Scholar: Students who have completed the Honors Program and have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or greater will also earn the President’s Scholar designation.
- If you qualify for Academic Honors, please pick up your gold tassel at the SCC bookstore when you pick up cap and gown
Important NOTE: GPA calculated through the Fall 2014 is used to determine academic honors for commencement
Will there be a photographer?
- A professional photographer will photograph each graduate as they receive their diploma
- A FREE proof will be emailed or mailed to graduates at no obligation. Address cards will be provided at the Bookstore when purchasing caps and gowns
Graduating students MUST be present for commencement instructions at TBA
For information about Commencement 2014, please call 714.628.4932