The Santiago Canyon College (SCC) Library has wireless laptop computers available for use within the Library by currently enrolled SCC, Santa Ana College (SAC) students, current SCC staff/faculty.
TERMS OF USAGE
- Laptop computers are for Library use ONLY; laptops may not be taken out of the Library building.
- Laptop computer users agree to comply with the Standards of Conduct for Library Computer Use.
- Laptop check-out service stops one hour before the library closes.
- Laptops are checked out at the Circulation Desk in a library-provided carrying case. Always transport the laptop in the carrying case.
- Do not leave laptop and accessories should unattended in the Library!
User is responsible for the safety and return of the laptop and accessories as well as for any fines/fees incurred.
Laptop agreement Form must be returned with laptop. Failure to do so will result in a $10 fee.
- Report any laptop damage or malfunction to the Circulation Desk immediately.
- Library staff will inspect the unit in the presence of the user when it is returned to the Circulation Desk.
- Any tampering and/or damage to the laptop or carrying bag will result in damage fees, possible suspension of laptop and/or library check-out privileges, and/or possible referral for further disciplinary action.
loan period & late fine
§ Loan period: 2 hours [EXCEPTION: any laptop checked-out ½ hours before the service ends will be due at 7:00 pm)
§ Renewals: NO
§ Late charge: One dollar per minute with no limit on late fine
Peripherals & Other Information
§ USB port - all laptops
o CD Read & Write –IOLIB10M01 through IOLIB10M12
o CD Read Only – IOLIB20M01 through IOLIB20M12
o DVD Read Only – all laptops
§ Laptop battery should last for the 2-hour loan period
o NOTE: Intensive CPU and hard drive activities will deplete the battery more quickly.
§ Work must be saved on user-provided storage media.
o SUGGESTION: Save work frequently.
§ Library is not responsible for any work lost/damaged.
§ Printing is available from laptops.
Handling & Safety Issues
§ Avoid touching screen.
§ Limit laptop use to locations that will do not endanger the laptop.
§ Close all applications when finished.
§ Close timer at top of screen.
§ Turn off the laptop by pressing the power button once.
Software / Applications
2010 Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Windows Media Player
Summer 2015 Revision