With the app you can:
- Search/browse and download eBooks from the SCC EBSCO eBook collection to mobile device
- Place holds on titles
- Sync bookmarks and recent position in the same title across mobile devices
- Customize the reading experience by adjusting font size, brightness, margins, and more
- Easily return eBooks to the collection when finish reading
The EBSCO eBooks app is available for:
- IOS devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch) from the iTunes app Store
- Android devices from Google Play
- kindle Fire and Nook Devices from EBSCO Support
In order to use the eBooks app, a user will need to authenticate it with his/her Adobe ID. An Adobe ID is a
free user account that enables EBSCO to lend library books to the user and enforce a checkout period.
- If you don't have a Adobe ID, you can get one at the Adobe Website.
Finding the SCC library in the app to search for eBooks:
After downloading the app to your device, you must authenticate it and find your library before searching for eBooks.
To find your library:
- Open the app on your device
- Enter your Adobe ID and password and tap the Authorize button.
- Tap Find Books.
- Select your Country from the drop-down menu.
- Select your State or Province.
- Select your library from the list of available libraries displayed.
To search and or browse for eBooks in the app:
Tap Find Books in the menu at the bottom of the screen.
Enter terms in the search box and tap the magnifying glass OR select a category from the BROWSE box or a title from one of the available carousels.
Tap a Download link for a title you would like to download.
To download an eBook:
1. Tap the Download (offline) link for an eBook you would like to download to your device.
2. Loin to your personal My EBSCOhost folder account or select Create a new Account, to create a new one.
3. The default checkout period is 48 hours; tap Checkout & Download.
The title downloads to your device.
4. Tap to read the eBook or continue searching for another title to download (NOTE: limit on checkouts is two titles).
Returning an eBook before the checkout period ends:
1. Tap the List View icon in the upper right of the Bookshelf.
2. Select the icon to the right of the eBook title to get to the menu items.
3. Tap Return Item.
The eBook is removed from your device and no longer appears in your Bookshelf.
*eBook can be read in a PDF or EPUB format.
- How to View EBSCO eBooks on Your Computer
Download an EBSCO eBook title by clicking o the "Download" link on the search result page or from within the detail record.
The default checkout period is 48 hours and click "Checkout & download"
eBook is downloaded and viewable via adobe Digital Editions on your computer.
Open Access to library resources no longer ends at the front door. Gale's growing family of mobile apps feeds the population’s ever-increasing appetite for information and knowledge. Using your college e-mail address, AccessMyLibraryCollege gives you unlimited, 24/7 access to your college library’s Gale online resources
With the launch of ProQuest mobile, you can now have instant access to the ProQuest database anytime, anywhere using iPhone, iPod touch, Android or BlackBerry smartphone.
To log in, start here: http://m.search.proquest.com
ProQuest mobile supports the same authoritative content and many of the same features and research tools you are used to using on laptop, desktop and table devices.