Through special programs, classes, group or individual counseling, the SCC counseling department is committed to providing you with the assistance and advice that you need to successfully complete your academic, career, and personal goals.
Counseling services include:
- Career exploration and university transfer information
- Career development for undecided majors
- Testing and interpretation
- One-on-one counseling
- Educational planning and course selection
- Referral for special classes and/or testing
- Application workshops for Cal State and University of California
- New student orientations
Counselors are also available to help students:
- Develop optimal educational planning and career information
- Assess interests and abilities
- Find a new approach to problems
- Increase sensitivity to others
- Learn how to change self-defeating habits and attitudes
- Recognize style, purposes, and values
- Help students who are having academic or personal difficulties
- Clarify thinking
Santiago Canyon College
8045 E. Chapman Ave.
Orange, CA 92869
Phone : (714) 628-4800
Summer 2015 (June 8 - August 6) Counseling Office Hours:
Monday - Thursday: 8am - 6pm
(Office closed from 1 - 2pm daily from June 15 thru July 30)
For the Weeks of June 15, June 22, and June 29, Drop-in Counseling is available from 9am - 12:30pm and 2 -5:30pm.
Drop-in Counseling is for 5 - 10-minute intervals for general questions, prerequisite clearances, and overload petitions.
ATTENTION Veterans and Financial Aid Appeals Students in need of a Counselor Program Approval (CPA): Your circumstance requires a 45-minute appointment. Please identify your request when calling the Counseling Office at (714) 628-4800.
To request a counseling appointment, call (714) 628-4800 or stop by the Counseling Office, SCC-Room D-106. Your Student ID Number is required to schedule an appointment.