You can be qualified to work in the Biotech Manufacturing Industry after completing just 3 courses!
Complete Biology 190, Biology 191, and Chemistry 209 and earn a Certificate of Proficiency in Biotechnology
Our certificate is stackable so you can also earn higher level Certificates of Achievement and an AS Degree in Biotechnology by completing other courses in the program (Click Images Below for more information)
Biotechnology courses at SCC:
Biotechnology A: Basic Laboratory Skills - Currently Offered in Fall 2016
- Biology 191 - Wednesdays 3:30 PM - 8:40 PM (8/22/2016 - 12/11/2016)
- Lecture: Hybrid - Online (1.5 hours per week) and on campus 3:30 PM - 4:55 PM Wed (U-85)
- Lab: 5:30 PM - 8:40 PM Wed (U-85)
- No Prerequisite!
- Training for job proficiency in basic lab procedures, techniques, and use of equipment
- This is 1 of only 3 classes needed to earn a certificate!
NEW! Biotechnology B: Proteins - Currently Offered in Fall 2016
- Biology 192 - Fridays 8:30 AM - 1:40 PM (8/24/2016 - 12/13/2016)
- Lecture: 8:30 AM - 9:55 AM Fri (U-85)
- Lab: 10:30 AM - 1:40 PM Fri (U-85)
- Prerequisite: Biology 191
- Training for laboratory procedures focusing on the downstream biomanufacturing process.
- This class is part of a sequence needed to earn an advanced certificate and AS degree!
Contact Denise Foley (Program Coordinator) for more information.