Support and make recommendations to Santiago Canyon College’s webmaster who maintains an evolving user-friendly website that promotes Santiago Canyon College’s mission.
The website committee will assist the webmaster with the following responsibilities:
- Report and make recommendations to the Technology Committee
- Develop and recommend web related policies and standards
- Oversee the Design and Underlying Technology
- Ensure the website stays current with new technology/trends
- Implement regular data collection methods
- Use data collected to guide the framework and infrastructure of the college website
- Create guiding principles to steer the framework and infrastructure decisions of the college website
- Work with ITS to set timelines for web engine upgrade and new website deployments.
- Regularly assess the design of the website and make recommendations for improvement
- Coordinate with SCC’s graphic artist to update websites images and graphics
- Create web engine compatible design prototypes based on collected feedback
- Serve as the liaison between District ITS, college governance groups and content owners.
- Identify and advocate for web needs and services for the college community.
- Assign a core team of members to maintain a calendar of events and time-sensitive information or announcements throughout the college website.
- Develop and maintain standardized publishing guidelines for content owners.
- Provide web-publishing training to Santiago Canyon College faculty and staff
- Provide ADA accessibility training to all content owners to ensure the website is ADA accessible
- Evaluate the website for ADA accessibility
One member will serve as the Chair of the committee
Chair: Don Busché
3 Faculty: Kathy Moore, Alice Ho, Anson Lui
2 Administrators: Eric Harsen, Dean Hopkins
2 Classified: Amy Styffe, Philip Tran, Isabel Garcia
1 ITS Representative (non-voting): Alfonso Oropeza
1 Student: Adil Thanawala